• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stick this in ya pipe

bryce

International Regular
Scallywag said:
Do you think its pathetic double standards from Mcmillan to sledge Kaif for not walking then not walk himself when he gets an edge.
what are you talking about ? mcmillan didn't sledge kaif because he didn't walk

Scallywag

Banned
There is no reason Gilly cant sledge anybody and the ICC will back him up on that, its these other upstarts from other countries that want to get in on Australia's mental disitergration that should learn how to get beaten and be humble about it. Its our culture to sledge so there is nothing you can do about it so stop whinging and take it like a loser should.

C_C

International Captain
Its our culture to sledge so there is nothing you can do about it so stop whinging and take it like a loser should.
what a 'civilized' culture that must be!

And no one is against sledging....sledge all you want......but dont be a frickin HYPOCRITE..... asking batsmen to walk when you openly say you dont care if batsmen walk or not is not a sledge, its being a HYPOCRITE.

just that this aussie lot has rarely shown class and has been crude and obnoxious.....
you wanna see a good sledge ? hear what brandes had to say to McGrath....or Hughes to Miandad.....or Richards to Lillee......
'i'll rip yer f*cking troat out' aint a sledge.....it is comment that would get pidge a punch on the ears anywhere else.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Scallywag said:
There is no reason Gilly cant sledge anybody and the ICC will back him up on that, its these other upstarts from other countries that want to get in on Australia's mental disitergration that should learn how to get beaten and be humble about it. Its our culture to sledge so there is nothing you can do about it so stop whinging and take it like a loser should.
I don't mind sledging as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

But to answer your point, who said that cricket HAS to be played in the Aussie culture? What if I point out that it is INDIAN CULTURE to be nice on the cricket field and hence I think it is wrong of the Aussies to sledge? Cricket is being played by many countries and there has to be a common minimum agreed program on how it should be played. Generally, people have come to accept sledging as a part of the game now, for good or for bad. Even the Indians have taken to sledging in a big way these days.(Eg. Bhajji). But just because something is said as a sledge, doesn't mean the guy who said it can absolve responsibility for saying it. He still said what he said and he cannot just walk out and say the exact opposite later on. I still think it is being hypocritical.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
honestbharani said:
What if I point out that it is INDIAN CULTURE to be nice on the cricket field and hence I think it is wrong of the Aussies to sledge?
Indians sledge too, mate...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
if you play a bad shot, or do something stupid on the field, then you have to expect to cop it from your opponents. mcmillan nicked one. he didn't walk. no-one expected him to - no-one is expected to, proof of which is the headlines that a walker attracts.

Deja moo

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
if you play a bad shot, or do something stupid on the field, then you have to expect to cop it from your opponents. mcmillan nicked one. he didn't walk. no-one expected him to - no-one is expected to, proof of which is the headlines that a walker attracts.
What do you mean ? Gilchrist expected him to walk.....didnt he ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mr Casson said:
Indians sledge too, mate...
I made that point during the course of my post. If you read it fully, you will see that I referred to the Indians doing it these days, as well.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
you are kidding? u think that because gilchrist suggested that he walk, that mcmillan would? or that he really thinks that everyone in test cricket is going to walk now?surely adam gilchrist does not think of himself as that powerful a figure. you say those sort of things to get a reaction out of the batsman...worked, didn't it?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can understand a bowler suggesting that a batsman is ****** lucky to survive or cannot play a ******* shot off the front/backfoot. These are generally sledges but also, these are things that the player thinks is true, although the way he expresses it maybe rather inappropriate. What Gilchrist said to Kaif and McMillan, suggesting that they should walk, implies that he expected other batters to walk too, whenever they nick them and then he comes out saying he has no problems when people choose not to walk. I keep saying this, just because you are sledging does not mean you can say things and then deny them later. You were the one who said it and you have to cop it.

Deja moo

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
you are kidding? u think that because gilchrist suggested that he walk, that mcmillan would? or that he really thinks that everyone in test cricket is going to walk now?surely adam gilchrist does not think of himself as that powerful a figure. you say those sort of things to get a reaction out of the batsman...worked, didn't it?

You said that no one expects him to walk......I am saying Gilly does . I do not know for sure what transpired between McMillan and Gilchrist in this instance , but Gillys "The whole world is watching " comment in Kaifs case suggests that Gilly expects batsmen to walk when they have nicked it (for example) .

Whether McMillan walks or not when Gilly suggests him to is a different matter .Suggesting that the batsman walk is one thing .The batsman actually choosing to walk in such a situation is another. The two must not be confused.