• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie TV Coverage suxs

nibbs

International Captain
Why is it when a kiwi is given out, when clearly not out, they only show 1 or 2 replays? It's **** poor imo

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
i just think all the nzers are really angry(and rightly so) but getting angry at the umpiers and the tv coverage is not the answer we were ouplayed,out thought and we self destructed

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cric_manic said:
i just think all the nzers are really angry(and rightly so) but getting angry at the umpiers and the tv coverage is not the answer we were ouplayed,out thought and we self destructed
naa u dont know nibbs, hes a whinging little boy, spoiled little brat and nothing more...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
and they showed the other gooses caught behind when he was out an wasnt given......... dont blame the tv coverage, blame the test team mate.....poor effort but i am sure u guys will bounce back....

odyssey

Cricket Spectator
nibbs said:
Why is it when a kiwi is given out, when clearly not out, they only show 1 or 2 replays? It's **** poor imo
It's not the coverage it's the umpires who are to blame...bring in technology on LBW's etc i reckon.
BTW... Look who's champion of Mini-Golf now :P

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What the?
They showed McCullum's one like a million times, and the commentators were complimenting his attitude, and asking just how the hell the umpire missed that.
Not to mention they also backed MacMillan with his verbal battle with Gilly.

nibbs

International Captain
bugssy said:
and they showed the other gooses caught behind when he was out an wasnt given......... dont blame the tv coverage, blame the test team mate.....poor effort but i am sure u guys will bounce back....
why can't all australians be like you bugs. you're a swell guy. but there seems to be this wanka syndrome over there that just doesn't speak well for the population imo...btw, broncoman, ian and cloete are all sufferers imo

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
nibbs said:
why can't all australians be like you bugs. you're a swell guy. but there seems to be this wanka syndrome over there that just doesn't speak well for the population imo...btw, broncoman, ian and cloete are all sufferers imo
i'd rather be a wanka than a sheep-shagger! :D

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
I pity poor Ian Smith over there, he has to put up with those arrogant Channel 9 commentators. At one stage during the match you could tell he was getting very annoyed, he said sometihng like: 'I know, I've been watching too".

They show replay after replay of Michael Clarke and we barely get to see anything of Oram's great innings. The annoying Channel 9 guys constantly talk up the Aussies (rightly so) but then there is hardly anything positive said about our players. You can tell they don't know all that much about the NZ players because of comments like: 'Why isn't Fleming fielding at first slip to Vettori?" Styris often fields there off Vettori and is just as good as Fleming in the slips.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I thought they were very complimentary of Jacob Oram's innings, and rightly so, because it was a brilliant innings.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Macka said:
I pity poor Ian Smith over there, he has to put up with those arrogant Channel 9 commentators. At one stage during the match you could tell he was getting very annoyed, he said sometihng like: 'I know, I've been watching too".

They show replay after replay of Michael Clarke and we barely get to see anything of Oram's great innings. The annoying Channel 9 guys constantly talk up the Aussies (rightly so) but then there is hardly anything positive said about our players. You can tell they don't know all that much about the NZ players because of comments like: 'Why isn't Fleming fielding at first slip to Vettori?" Styris often fields there off Vettori and is just as good as Fleming in the slips.
If you don't like it, get your own damn NZ coverage then...

This is an Australian telecast, with primarily Australian commentators, whose job requirements do not include knowing everything about the NZ team.

And Jnr. is right about the way they commented on Oram's innings. They had quite a few complimentary things to say about him.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
It's unfortunately the only coverage we have apart from radio sport. I just get a bit sick of hearing the Aussie commentators go on and on about 'how good this Australian team is' or 'how great Michael Clarke is'. Maybe I'm just still bitter about NZ's pathetic performace.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Macka said:

They show replay after replay of Michael Clarke and we barely get to see anything of Oram's great innings. The annoying Channel 9 guys constantly talk up the Aussies (rightly so) but then there is hardly anything positive said about our players.
I think you're being a little unfair re: Oram's innings - there was a lot of excitement from the Aussie commentators over that performance.

As to Ian Smith, of all the guest commentators Nine have hosted, none have ever been as belligerently smug as Smith was during the one-day triangular back in '00/01. (Even my wife, who doesn't like the arrogance of the Aussie players, and didn't mind seeing them get taken down a few pegs, wanted to kick his sorry a$$.)

So it probably largely comes down to whether your team is losing or not.