• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne Should've been fined

C_C

International Captain
Dunno why Dar didnt report Warne........but the way he screamed at Dar, he should've been fined at the very least, if not suspended......
Yet again, a case of an Aussie getting off lightly.......

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
Dunno why Dar didnt report Warne........but the way he screamed at Dar, he should've been fined at the very least, if not suspended......
Go on have a big cry about and throw you rattle out of the cot.

Its Dar that makes the decisions not you and I trust his judgement a lot more than yours. Hes a international umpire and you are a, well somebody who doesnt even know what it was all about.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
C_C said:
Yeah he screamed at Dar. And he hit him and chased him all around the 'Gabba, too. And he threw bottles at Dar for good measure while on his tirade.

Naughty, naughty Warne.

See? You're not the only one who can make up stories. :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
Now Is it Warnie's fault that Aleem Dar didn't report it ?? Shouldn't we leave such things for the Umpire to decide ?? Clearly Dar didn't feel the need to report Warnie and that's the end of the matter for me. I dont understand how an 'Aussie Got Off Lightly' when the Umpire who is a non-aussie didn't even report him.

Had Warnie been reported and had the match referee let him off the hook, you could have made that statement, but umpire didn't report it. I hope you understand the difference.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree, Dar handled it well, and there was no need for a report to make a big deal out of it.

Shounak

Banned
The problem isn't Aleem Dar, it's Mike Procter. He's a highly biased match referee and this isn't the only incident. Think back to the West Indies Australia match where Glen McGrath had his little spat with Sarwan. It went something along the lines of:
McGrath: (after getting smashed about) So what does Brian Lara's **** taste like.
Sarwan: I don't know. Ask your wife.
McGrath: 'If you ever f***ing mention my wife again, I will f***ing rip your f***ing throat out."'

After that, McGrath had the audacity to complain to the umpire about Sarwan making jokes about his wife having cancer. Yet Match Referee Mike Procter chose not to do a thing. Not even a reprimand.

Warne's behaviour was aboslutely disgraceful, player's aren't allowed to tell umpires to "look at the board" when things don't go their way. I missed Tendulkar going up to Bucknor and asking him to look at the board after that ridiculous LBW decision in the First Test played at Brisbane last year. However, whether or not the decision was justified is irrelevant. Warne showed dissent and should be punished accordingly.

Match referee's should be more highly regulated. If someone breaks a rule then they should have a standard punishment. Match referee's should not be allowed to decide whether or not they feel like giving punishment. There should be a range of consequences for each action that must always be enforced, unless overruled in a democratic process or by someone like Malcolm Speed. If whimsical officials are allowed to dictate how each team's allowed to play the game, then we will see it crumble before our very eyes.

C_C

International Captain
Gora goolami ? listen - if anything, i am more gora than desi......

As per the rest of the folks here...... i KNOW that Dar didnt report it..... but did you SEE the incident ?

I said i was surprised that Dar didnt report it, coz other players have been reported by the umpires for throwing MUCH LESS of a tantrum than Warne did.
Obviously its his call but just like how the umpires occasionally bollox up the dismissal calls, Dar bolloxed up this one.
Scallywag- if you wanna relinquish your OWN intelligence and thinking ability inorder to accomodate some umpire/ex-player who 'knows what he is doing in the middle', i presume then you wouldnt raise a whimper of objection if some so-n-so past cricketer says Murali is better than Warne ?
Or i expect that you hold the view that since the umpires 'know what they are doing', 100.00% of their decisions in the middle are correct, eh ?

I dont understand how an 'Aussie Got Off Lightly' when the Umpire who is a non-aussie didn't even report him.
the umpire bolloxed up. Just like how Clarke was 'let off the hook' for his first test century by an umpiring error ( Clarke's own words mind you, before you throw another tantrum) , Warne was 'let off the hook' in this case by Dar.

Carsson- i would advice you to watch the incident before you claim that i am making up stories about Warne screaming at Dar.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Dar was as bad as that atrocious one which came here two seasons ago I think it was, might've been koertzen. He was from south africa though I think, he was absolutely dreadful.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
C_C said:
the umpire bolloxed up. Just like how Clarke was 'let off the hook' for his first test century by an umpiring error ( Clarke's own words mind you, before you throw another tantrum) , Warne was 'let off the hook' in this case by Dar.

Carsson- i would advice you to watch the incident before you claim that i am making up stories about Warne screaming at Dar.
Clarke's own words were actually "I felt I was out". That says nothing about the actual decision at all.

And I saw the incident with Warne, by the way. I'm wondering if you did, however, because no one else agrees with one iota of what you are saying.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Crazy Sam said:
Dar was as bad as that atrocious one which came here two seasons ago I think it was, might've been koertzen. He was from south africa though I think, he was absolutely dreadful.
Rudi Koertzen is actually a very, very good umpire. One of the top in the world at the moment.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
shounak said:
The problem isn't Aleem Dar, it's Mike Procter. He's a highly biased match referee and this isn't the only incident. Think back to the West Indies Australia match where Glen McGrath had his little spat with Sarwan. It went something along the lines of:
McGrath: (after getting smashed about) So what does Brian Lara's **** taste like.
McGrath: 'If you ever f***ing mention my wife again, I will f***ing rip your f***ing throat out."'

After that, McGrath had the audacity to complain to the umpire about Sarwan making jokes about his wife having cancer. Yet Match Referee Mike Procter chose not to do a thing. Not even a reprimand.
Yeah ok what's worse saying a few swear words or having a go about someone's dying wife

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
Yeah ok what's worse saying a few swear words or having a go about someone's dying wife
She's still alive mate.

And I think that what Sarwan replied with should be taken in context. I'm sure he wasn't having a go at McGrath's wife any more than a low-brow lout who makes a "yo' mama" joke. They are targeting their audience more than anything.

Slats4ever

sorry mr casson for my mistake. McGraths wife isn't dying. she's just got cancer. (if u're trying to be a smart **** about it everyone in the world is dying as we all eventually die).

Yeah alright then Yo Mamma jokes are taken as being sarcastic playful comments. But to go against someone's wife like that in a serious manner is different. once again if u're trying to be smare, Maybe McGraths comments were meant in a low-brow fashion to

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
sorry mr casson for my mistake. McGraths wife isn't dying. she's just got cancer. (if u're trying to be a smart **** about it everyone in the world is dying as we all eventually die).

Yeah alright then Yo Mamma jokes are taken as being sarcastic playful comments. But to go against someone's wife like that in a serious manner is different. once again if u're trying to be smare, Maybe McGraths comments were meant in a low-brow fashion to
It's no different at all. He didn't say "haha your wife has cancer", he was using ***ual innuendo to get under McGrath's skin. I think Sarwan would have said the same thing whether Jane McGrath had cancer or not.

And for your information, I believe she's in remission.

Shounak

Banned
Slats4ever said:
What a joke of a post.

Slats4ever, you're not seriously going to try to argue that Sarwan's comment was malicious and directed at Mrs. McGrath's cancer treatment (as Glenn McGrath tried to convince the umpire). A few swear words are fine and are often uttered by fast bowlers. Standing over someone and telling them you're going to "rip their ****ing throat out" is completely different. Use your common sense for gods sake. Do you honestly think Sarwan's comment was aimed directly at McGrath's wife. It was a comeback to what McGrath initiated. Common sense would force you to admit that Glenn McGrath's behaviour was not in the spirit of cricket. Is there really much else to be said?

odyssey

Cricket Spectator
shounak said:

Warne's behaviour was aboslutely disgraceful, player's aren't allowed to tell umpires to "look at the board" when things don't go their way. I missed Tendulkar going up to Bucknor and asking him to look at the board after that ridiculous LBW decision in the First Test played at Brisbane last year. However, whether or not the decision was justified is irrelevant. Warne showed dissent and should be punished accordingly.

Match referee's should be more highly regulated. If someone breaks a rule then they should have a standard punishment. Match referee's should not be allowed to decide whether or not they feel like giving punishment. There should be a range of consequences for each action that must always be enforced, unless overruled in a democratic process or by someone like Malcolm Speed. If whimsical officials are allowed to dictate how each team's allowed to play the game, then we will see it crumble before our very eyes.
Sarwan wasn't even aware of McGraths wife being ill.

& I think Warne should lose his match payment ( not that it means anything)
and a good behaviour bond as should Gilly, his actions were foolish on a number of occasions.

Slats4ever

how do u know? where u there? or are u using ur opinions and mcgrath, and ur own personal beliefs.