• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne Should've been fined

C_C

International Captain
Dissent is a charge that is brought on players because of disrespect shown to the umpire. If the umpire does not feel that he has been disrespected, or if he feels that the matter has been satisfactorily dealt with, then there is no charge to answer, and the matter is closed. There is no obligation for Dar to report Warne to the match referee if he has reprimanded Warne and considers that to be appropriate action.
insufficient.
There is a thing called consistency. You cannot be hauling up players for over-appealing and hanging on to the crease a moment too long for dissent and then ignore Warne's outburst.........
those examples are not consistent with each other and thus implies Warne was let off the hook.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
C_C said:
insufficient.
There is a thing called consistency. You cannot be hauling up players for over-appealing and hanging on to the crease a moment too long for dissent and then ignore Warne's outburst.........
those examples are not consistent with each other and thus implies Warne was let off the hook.
I keep hearing about this outburst. However what I saw, which I believe is the incident you are referring to, did not seem to be an outburst.

C_C

International Captain
I keep hearing about this outburst. However what I saw, which I believe is the incident you are referring to, did not seem to be an outburst.
dictionary.com defines outburst as:

A sudden, violent display, as of activity or emotion: an outburst of indignation

As such, Warne's sudden screaming and flurry of gesturing towards the giant tele-screen is an outburst......
But then ofcourse, there are the revisionists and i suppose one rule for the aussies and another for the rest of the world........

I suppose the fact that Dar is a newbie umpire, barely finding his feet at the international level and Warne is an alltime great of immense stature couldnt possibly have intimidated Dar one slight bit.......

Apparently when an aussie abuses the umpire, its 'i dont think he understood the comment mate' but when someone else does it, its 'being obnoxious'....
interesting indeed.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
insufficient.
I think the umpire was correct in letting Warne off, he is Australian and that is a good enough reason to let him off.

Anyway if Dar had reported Warne Cricket Australia would of had the ICC sack him.

C_C

International Captain
I think the umpire was correct in letting Warne off, he is Australian and that is a good enough reason to let him off.

Anyway if Dar had reported Warne Cricket Australia would of had the ICC sack him.
interesting......
so one rule for the aussies and another for the rest eh ? I guess that fits in perfectly with the some aussie's mentality- given the record of aboriginal treatment and the pauline johansson types.
considering that AUS doesnt control or play a major part in the economic input to cricket, i would suggest that CA watch itself in the future.....if certain people deciede to assert itself, CA will get buggered royally.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
C_C said:
interesting......
so one rule for the aussies and another for the rest eh ?
I'm getting quite sick of this "open season on Aussies" thing that's been happening on the forum in the last few days. There is no need to make blanket statements about Australians. You and JustTool seem to enjoy the word "hypocrisy"; well this is a screaming example of it right in your backyard.

Just take a deep breath and get over all these conspiracy theories.

Please.

C_C

International Captain
i have NEVER taken a potshot at all the aussies...if you read carefully, you would notice that i've always qualified my statements with words like 'some' to imply that it may be valid for some morons and not the whole populace.

As per 'one rule for aussies and another for the rest' comment, that is what scully is implying......
if you are THAT concerned about your national image, maybe you should admonish the likes of Scully who seek to soil it rather than trying to put words in my mouth.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
C_C said:
i have NEVER taken a potshot at all the aussies...if you read carefully, you would notice that i've always qualified my statements with words like 'some' to imply that it may be valid for some morons and not the whole populace.

As per 'one rule for aussies and another for the rest' comment, that is what scully is implying......
if you are THAT concerned about your national image, maybe you should admonish the likes of Scully who seek to soil it rather than trying to put words in my mouth.
I'm not an advocate of Scallywag; he's a fanatic. I'm just suggesting that you do what others do and try not to let it fuel a bitter argument.