Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bevan? A Chance for recall?

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar

Bevan? A Chance for recall?

Michael Bevan's season so far for Tasmania has been nothing short of exceptional. He scored another domestic OD century today. It's coming around to the time when the one day squad will be chosen again and if he's not selected like it's anticipated he won't be it'll be the first time that i can remember the Aussie's haven't had Bevan in the squad.

He still today remains one of the best OD batsman in the world, but Australia's selectors want nothing to do with him because of his age. The same can't be said for thei view on Darren Lehmann.

If I was to choose an Australian OD squad right now Bevan would be in it. Would he be in yours?
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

No - the selectors played their cards, he's finished.

not popular enough in the dressing room (???)

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    it'll be the first time that i can remember the Aussie's haven't had Bevan in the squad.

If I was to choose an Australian OD squad right now Bevan would be in it. Would he be in yours?
    He wasn't in the Champions Trophy squad was he?

He is certianly in a rich vain of form, however the Australian selectors aren't the sort to go and eat a slice of humble pie by re-calling a player they said was to old etc and they will no doubt stick with what they said and pick the same side that got beaten by England in the last match - Man that still feels good

Yeah he didn't play the Champions Trophy. I don't think he played the 3 ODIs in Sri Lanka did he? That to me is a sign that unfortunately his international career is over.

He is in striking form though.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2001
    pick the same side that got beaten by England in the last match - Man that still feels good
    early preview of the ashes then
    Best batsman = Rahul Dravid
    Best bowler = Muttiah Muralitharan

U19 12th Man
    The theory is that Bevan wont be around for the next WC, so it's time to make the changes now...however many runs he makes now it wont change that basic problem, so he's very unlikely to get a game again.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    bevan is no chance of a recall, plenty of other players making runs too, im happy enough with him not playing again...

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    but will lehmann be around for the next world cup. if he is he'll be ripe. I'm sure if given the oppurtunity to play internationals again Bevan would be around for the next World Cup.

I tend to agree with vic orthodox in that he wasn't popular enough in the dressing room

i guess it was more than an age thing with Bevan, his fielding isnt as sharp as it used to be and he never bowls anymore, while lehmann bowls a bit here and there. Bevan has also been replaced pretty well by Symonds and Clarke...

4 centuries in 10 days for Bevan.

Certainly earning his keep down here in Tassie.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    i find the way some of you speak of bevans age quite ridiculous. the man is not 40 years old, hes 34. stewart,walsh, waugh and alot of other people have played beyond 35. as ive said a billion times, you dont drop someone unless hes not performing, bevan certainly has shown that he can still perform....
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    i find the way some of you speak of bevans age quite ridiculous. the man is not 40 years old, hes 34. stewart,walsh, waugh and alot of other people have played beyond 35. as ive said a billion times, you dont drop someone unless hes not performing, bevan certainly has shown that he can still perform....
    bit was he neccisarily performing better than Symonds or Clarke to have their spot?
    and can you doubt the selectors decisions given our performances since he hasnt been there?

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    bit was he neccisarily performing better than Symonds or Clarke to have their spot?
    and can you doubt the selectors decisions given our performances since he hasnt been there?
    err when was clarke ever performing in ODIs? one series against zimbabwe doesnt make someone ODI class, let alone bevan class.....
    in the same series in which bevan played in, not once did he out perform bevan.
    as far as your selectors are concerned, we havent seen enough games against quality opposition to see how vital bevan was. but since bevan was dropped they've won 3 games and lost 1(not counting non test class opposition). and maybe just maybe they might have won that game against england if bevan had played in it.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    bevan is past his best, and will more than likley run out of form again soon enough
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information