Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: Arrogant English

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912

    Arrogant English

    http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...20NOV2004.html


    Showing no respect for their hosts the English cricket team want to change the rules and play 14 players in one game.

    Namibia's cricketers are being treated like they are not worthy of being taken seriously by the England cricketers. What a bunch of arrogant stuck up selfish hypochites.

  2. #2
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...20NOV2004.html


    Showing no respect for their hosts the English cricket team want to change the rules and play 14 players in one game.

    Namibia's cricketers are being treated like they are not worthy of being taken seriously by the England cricketers. What a bunch of arrogant stuck up selfish hypochites.
    Just like the Australians eh, Scally??

    Ponting wanted to do the same thing in their warm up game of the 2003 World Cup.

  3. #3
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    Just like the Australians eh, Scally??

    Ponting wanted to do the same thing in their warm up game of the 2003 World Cup.
    Ponting, now there's one arrogant *****.

  4. #4
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose
    Ponting, now there's one arrogant *****.
    He comes across that way, sometimes. Behind the scenes I think he's a good guy though.


  5. #5
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...20NOV2004.html


    Showing no respect for their hosts the English cricket team want to change the rules and play 14 players in one game.

    Namibia's cricketers are being treated like they are not worthy of being taken seriously by the England cricketers. What a bunch of arrogant stuck up selfish hypochites.
    Don't worry sweetheart. In the near future you'll have to deal with an Ashes
    loss . All your pain will be relieved then.

  6. #6
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose
    Don't worry sweetheart. In the near future you'll have to deal with an Ashes
    loss . All your pain will be relieved then.
    Didn't you just see what happened to NZ? Man, McGrath is going to destroy you English.

    With the bat...

    Nah, I'm looking forward to a good contest. I love watching the English play.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose
    Don't worry sweetheart. In the near future you'll have to deal with an Ashes
    loss . All your pain will be relieved then.
    Yeah just like we were going to get beaten 4-0 in India, wake up and smell the roses english.

  8. #8
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    Didn't you just see what happened to NZ? Man, McGrath is going to destroy you English.

    With the bat...

    Nah, I'm looking forward to a good contest. I love watching the English play.

    Freddy and Harmo will take care of Mcgrath.



  9. #9
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose
    Freddy and Harmo will take care of Mcgrath.


    I hope you mean they'll take care of him with the bat. Watching Freddie and Harmo open their shoulderblades in the English summer was a treat!

  10. #10
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Yeah just like we were going to get beaten 4-0 in India, wake up and smell the roses english.
    I don't recall who said that sunshine.
    Not living in THAT dream world again are you ?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose
    I don't recall who said that sunshine.
    Not living in THAT dream world again are you ?
    I do and your making the same stupid mistake as the Indian supporters who made those stupid statements.

    Looking forward to you beating us.

  12. #12
    International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    winchester, england
    Posts
    3,477
    And the banter begins.........all i'm saying is tres owned mcgrath last time out, hope springs eternal.
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

    'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

  13. #13
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Without getting into the fact that Ponting did the same thing (even if that kind of takes the wind out of this thread), I'm not so sure I see what's so bad about this.

    The warmup games are actually more for the benefit of the touring teams than the local teams (even if the local teams want to operate under the false premise of the reverse being true). They only exist so that the touring parties can have a reasonable enough acclimatisation to local conditions before the international series begins. I realise that Namibia have a quasi-international status, but still, it's a warmup game.

    You'll often get touring players retire their innings during the warmup games so that other batsmen can get a hit in the conditions. Happened during some of the Aussie warmup games in India, IIRC.
    "Youre known for having a liking for men who look like women."
    - Linda

    "FFS I'm sick and tired of having to see a bloke bend over to pick something up or lean over and see their arse crack. For christ's sake pull your pants up or buy some underpants you bogan because nobody want's to see it. And this is a boat building shed (well one of them) not a porn studio."
    - Craig

  14. #14
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Posts
    29,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...20NOV2004.html


    Showing no respect for their hosts the English cricket team want to change the rules and play 14 players in one game.

    Namibia's cricketers are being treated like they are not worthy of being taken seriously by the England cricketers. What a bunch of arrogant stuck up selfish hypochites.
    tar.brush.. Stop trolling to be honest.. It was only a request
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  15. #15
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    Without getting into the fact that Ponting did the same thing (even if that kind of takes the wind out of this thread), I'm not so sure I see what's so bad about this.

    The warmup games are actually more for the benefit of the touring teams than the local teams (even if the local teams want to operate under the false premise of the reverse being true). They only exist so that the touring parties can have a reasonable enough acclimatisation to local conditions before the international series begins. I realise that Namibia have a quasi-international status, but still, it's a warmup game.

    You'll often get touring players retire their innings during the warmup games so that other batsmen can get a hit in the conditions. Happened during some of the Aussie warmup games in India, IIRC.
    Another precisely spot on the money post, Slow Love™.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. English spinners
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 19-01-2006, 06:00 PM
  2. english
    By PAKMAN in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-10-2004, 04:32 AM
  3. Arrogant!!!
    By Piper in forum Olympic Games 2004
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 26-08-2004, 11:08 AM
  4. *Official English Domestic Season Thread*
    By NikhilN in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 07:53 AM
  5. India fav's for the World cup....English Media!!
    By WeptWindies in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-09-2002, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •