• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arrogant English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Scallywag said:
http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/NOV/106430_OTHERS_20NOV2004.html

Showing no respect for their hosts the English cricket team want to change the rules and play 14 players in one game.

Namibia's cricketers are being treated like they are not worthy of being taken seriously by the England cricketers. What a bunch of arrogant stuck up selfish hypochites.
Just like the Australians eh, Scally?? :p

Ponting wanted to do the same thing in their warm up game of the 2003 World Cup.

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Scallywag said:
http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/NOV/106430_OTHERS_20NOV2004.html

Showing no respect for their hosts the English cricket team want to change the rules and play 14 players in one game.

Namibia's cricketers are being treated like they are not worthy of being taken seriously by the England cricketers. What a bunch of arrogant stuck up selfish hypochites.
Don't worry sweetheart. In the near future you'll have to deal with an Ashes
loss :p . All your pain will be relieved then.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
EnglishRose said:
Didn't you just see what happened to NZ? Man, McGrath is going to destroy you English.

With the bat... ;)

Nah, I'm looking forward to a good contest. I love watching the English play.

Scallywag

Banned
EnglishRose said:
Yeah just like we were going to get beaten 4-0 in India, wake up and smell the roses english.

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mr Casson said:
Didn't you just see what happened to NZ? Man, McGrath is going to destroy you English.

With the bat... ;)

Nah, I'm looking forward to a good contest. I love watching the English play.

Freddy and Harmo will take care of Mcgrath.

:D

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
EnglishRose said:
Freddy and Harmo will take care of Mcgrath.

:D
I hope you mean they'll take care of him with the bat. Watching Freddie and Harmo open their shoulderblades in the English summer was a treat!

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Scallywag said:
Yeah just like we were going to get beaten 4-0 in India, wake up and smell the roses english.
I don't recall who said that sunshine.
Not living in THAT dream world again are you ?

Scallywag

Banned
EnglishRose said:
I don't recall who said that sunshine.
Not living in THAT dream world again are you ?
I do and your making the same stupid mistake as the Indian supporters who made those stupid statements.

Looking forward to you beating us.

twctopcat

International Regular
And the banter begins.........all i'm saying is tres owned mcgrath last time out, hope springs eternal.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Without getting into the fact that Ponting did the same thing (even if that kind of takes the wind out of this thread), I'm not so sure I see what's so bad about this.

The warmup games are actually more for the benefit of the touring teams than the local teams (even if the local teams want to operate under the false premise of the reverse being true). They only exist so that the touring parties can have a reasonable enough acclimatisation to local conditions before the international series begins. I realise that Namibia have a quasi-international status, but still, it's a warmup game.

You'll often get touring players retire their innings during the warmup games so that other batsmen can get a hit in the conditions. Happened during some of the Aussie warmup games in India, IIRC.

Langeveldt

Soutie

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Slow Love™ said:
Without getting into the fact that Ponting did the same thing (even if that kind of takes the wind out of this thread), I'm not so sure I see what's so bad about this.

The warmup games are actually more for the benefit of the touring teams than the local teams (even if the local teams want to operate under the false premise of the reverse being true). They only exist so that the touring parties can have a reasonable enough acclimatisation to local conditions before the international series begins. I realise that Namibia have a quasi-international status, but still, it's a warmup game.

You'll often get touring players retire their innings during the warmup games so that other batsmen can get a hit in the conditions. Happened during some of the Aussie warmup games in India, IIRC.
Another precisely spot on the money post, Slow Love™.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scallywag do you hate every single other country other than Australia? Just curious.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Scallywag do you hate every single other country other than Australia? Just curious.
I'd wager a bet that he doesn't like a fair few parts of Australia either...

Scallywag

Banned
Jono said:
No jono I dont but I do hate the way posters here put **** on players like Gilly without any knowlege of what was said or Ponting when he quite rightly said that the Mumbia pitch was a disgrace.

Langer is no different to any other player except he plays for a very successful team and posters here thinks thats a green light for them to put **** on him.

So why does everyone get upset when I say things about players from other countries, call Australians hypocrites if you like but when all is said and done I done nothing that been done to the Aussies.

Do you think its OK to bag Aussie players and then complain when I bag other players. I know Aussies are in the spotlight because they are the best team at the moment but its no excuse to treat them like they dont deserve to be there. There are a lot of talented cricketers in Australias team and they deserve a bit more respect for the quality of cricket they have delivered.

Warne is a good example, he has been victimised and dragged through the mud by supporters of every country and falsely accused of everything except murder and thats fine by all but say murali's a chucker and the whole of Australia is branded as arrogant and murali haters.

So yeah while I keep reading how bad the Australian p[layers are expect to see the same for other players.

Scallywag

Banned
howardj said:
Even so, Gilchrist is making an absolute fool of himself. What on earth is the point in walking if, half an hour later as a wicket-keeper, you turn around and appeal against an opposition batsman - like Gilly did today against McCullum - who has missed the ball by at least 10cm!!!! It's a massive double standard. You are making an absolute fool of yourself, Gilly!
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.