Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 218

Thread: Langer a great cricketer

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912

    Langer a great cricketer

    Justin Langer can stand tall with the best batsmen in the world.

    Not only has he forged one of the best opening partnerships in the history of cricket with Hayden he has also bought a toughness to the game that makes him one of the very best.

    Like him or hate him you cant deny that he has been a major reason for Australias success in recent times. His never say die attitude puts most batsmen to shame and he is not afraid to take anyone on. When it comes to guts Langer is the toughest cricketer playing test cricketer but the down side to this is it makes him a target for sore losers who get jealous of his achievements.

  2. #2
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Justin Langer can stand tall with the best batsmen in the world.
    i think he is taller than Oram

    Langer a good Cricket no doubt but great big doubt
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

  3. #3
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    Langer's a good opener. I agree with that.

    "England, India and Pakistan do not in their history have a opener as good as him"
    At least you didn't include that silly statement in your post again.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  4. #4
    International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    winchester, england
    Posts
    3,477
    He's a very good cricketer but one thing remains, he was Agarkar's bunny in the australian test series, 'nuff said.
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

    'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Agarkar is he still playing, didnt Langer give him a right pasting in India.

  6. #6
    International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    winchester, england
    Posts
    3,477
    Only played one test, not exactly in the best of form is he?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    Only played one test, not exactly in the best of form is he?
    Not good enough to get a game "nuff said"

  8. #8
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Not good enough to get a game "nuff said"
    If he's not good enough to get a game and yet Langer is his bunny (haven't doublechecked this) then doesn't that harm your argument of praise for Langer?
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

    The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    If he's not good enough to get a game and yet Langer is his bunny (haven't doublechecked this) then doesn't that harm your argument of praise for Langer?
    No it spoils your argument that Langer is his bunny, Agarkar is not good enough to get a game never mind having a bunny.

    Is that too hard to understand, Agarkar is not playing test cricket because Langer and co gave him a hiding.

    Get it yet Mr Mxyzptlk Agarkar has no bunnies because he doesnt have the talent to have a bunny and the Indian selectors have acknowleged that fact.


  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    No it spoils your argument that Langer is his bunny, Agarkar is not good enough to get a game never mind having a bunny.

    Is that too hard to understand, Agarkar is not playing test cricket because Langer and co gave him a hiding.

    Get it yet Mr Mxyzptlk Agarkar has no bunnies because he doesnt have the talent to have a bunny and the Indian selectors have acknowleged that fact.

    Well no, it means that Agarkar isn't talented enough that he can have many bunnies, yet he has dismissed Langer 5 times.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,957
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    Well no, it means that Agarkar isn't talented enough that he can have many bunnies, yet he has dismissed Langer 5 times.
    Haven't McGrath and Gillespie dismissed Tendulkar 6 times each? I don't think he is their bunny.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    If getting someone 5 times qualifies as having a bunny then look at McGraths list of bunnies

    Atherton leads the charge with 19 dismissals @ 9runs
    BC Lara (LHB) 13
    JC Adams (LHB) 12 1 7 1 0 3 0 19.91 2 WI
    SL Campbell (RHB) 11 1 2 4 0 4 0 10.54 3 WI
    AJ Stewart (RHB) 10 2 3 2 0 3 0 23.70 1 Eng
    MA Butcher (LHB) 9 1 5 1 0 2 0 13.44 2 Eng
    N Hussain (RHB) 8 0 4 1 0 3 0 22.37 0 Eng
    G Kirsten (LHB) 8 1 3 2 0 2 0 14.00 1 SA
    CEL Ambrose (LHB) 6 0 5 0 0 1 0 4.50 1 WI
    CL Cairns (RHB) 6 2 0 3 0 1 0 45.83 0 NZ
    JH Kallis (RHB) 6 0 2 3 0 1 0 9.83 0 SA
    SR Tendulkar (RHB) 6 1 1 1 0 3 0 22.16 2 Ind
    Aamer Sohail (LHB) 5 2 1 2 0 0 0 29.60 0 Pak
    S Chanderpaul (LHB) 5 2 2 1 0 0 0 18.80 0 WI
    JP Crawley (RHB) 5 1 1 2 0 0 1 24.00 0 Eng
    M Dillon (RHB) 5 2 0 2 0 1 0 4.40 3 WI
    D Gough (RHB) 5 1 1 2 0 1 0 5.40 1 Eng
    Ijaz Ahmed (RHB) 5 0 2 2 0 1 0 20.80 0 Pak
    ST Jayasuriya (LHB) 5 0 2 0 0 3 0 8.40 2 SL
    VVS Laxman (RHB) 5 0 5 0 0 0 0 82.40 0 Ind
    MR Ramprakash (RHB) 5 0 4 1 0 0 0 45.20 0 Eng
    GP Thorpe (LHB) 5 1 3 1 0 0 0 52.40 1 Eng
    C White (RHB) 5 1 4 0 0 0 0 6

  13. #13
    International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    winchester, england
    Posts
    3,477
    He WAS his bunny, which was my point. Still hasn't cured his lack of feet against the swinging new ball IMO but nonetheless a good player.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230

    Icon7

    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Haven't McGrath and Gillespie dismissed Tendulkar 6 times each? I don't think he is their bunny.
    No they are not because look at the no. of times Sachin & Mcgrath have played against each other. I would say Dravid used to be Warnie's bunny until the 2000-2001 series. But Langer is definately Agarkar's bunny.

    One more thing, Is Langer ever happy with the umpire's decisions when he is out ??

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Is that too hard to understand, Agarkar is not playing test cricket because Langer and co gave him a hiding.
    Langer & Co. , Is that same as Langer ??

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Players A-Z
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 12:35 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 09:27 PM
  3. Michael Clarke not only a Great Cricketer!!!
    By Blewy in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 05:41 AM
  4. bobby abel - a great cricketer
    By pat kingwell in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-03-2003, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •