• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest. Innings. Ever.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And its not even over yet!!!! In case you didnt know, the pidge - Glenn McGrath has just scored his maiden test 50 (100 anyone??)
I know there is an Aussie vs NZ thread, but surely such a majestic innings deserves such an honour?
Your thoughts on this innings, how if affected the match and if he can get to triple figures.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This innings doesn't just deserve its own thread, it deserves its own damn forum. I went out to play cricket when he came in, and I came back and my dad told me he scored a 50. I replied "no seriously, what's New Zealand's score?" He replied "They haven't got McGrath yet out, I'm serious. He's on 54!"

:-O

Sudeep

International Captain
Jono said:
This innings doesn't just deserve its own thread, it deserves its own damn forum. I went out to play cricket when he came in, and I came back and my dad told me he scored a 50. I replied "no seriously, what's New Zealand's score?" He replied "They haven't got McGrath yet out, I'm serious. He's on 54!"

:-O
:D

I see can a site for it as well - http://www.McGrathFifty.com

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant
That was a made up website, wasn't it? It couldn't connect on my computer.

KishanTeli

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
LOL, when i woke up this morning to check the score, i couldn't believe my eyes. I thought Cricinfo had made a mistake. Congrats to Glenn no doubt the rest of his team-mates will be hearing about it for a long long time!

McGrath getting to triple figures? HaHaHa Lets not get tooooooooooo carried away......

Promotion in the batting line-up maybe? :p

Cloete

International Captain
KishanTeli said:
LOL, when i woke up this morning to check the score, i couldn't believe my eyes. I thought Cricinfo had made a mistake. Congrats to Glenn no doubt the rest of his team-mates will be hearing about it for a long long time!

McGrath getting to triple figures? HaHaHa Lets not get tooooooooooo carried away......

Promotion in the batting line-up maybe? :p
Lol not too sure about promotion for McGrath just yeat, remember, he was dropped twice ;)

Gillespie deserves to be above Warne though, that's for sure!

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Someone get a video up of it....but no doubt Ch 9 would be milking this for all it is worth...Glen McGrath Fifty DVD anyone? :D

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
I always had a suspicion he could bat a bit cos you hear these stories how he gets everyone to bowl at him in the nets and takes it quite serious. He just hasn't had too many chances at a long innings and at 11 when you go into bat your halr thinking about your bowling.

I'd hate to be a NZ fan though, i remember when Murali got 67 against India, it was torture