• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Take Charge to Channel 9

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
No doubt many of you are disgusted at channel 9 heading to the news.
well I've written them a letter and I urge all of you to do the same.

Here is a copy of my letter and this is the address for you all to send one to. Let's bombard them with letters. you can use my letter and just change the name if you want or type your own.

It'd be great if we all got up 'em.

Channel Nine
PO Box 27 Willoughby, NSW 2068

Attachments

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree 100% mate, me and a couple of blokes from work were watching before they axed it....

We are writing a letter as well as the abusive phonecall we made when it went off...

The sad thing was that Pidge scored the 50 only 5 balls after they went off air...

DISGRACEFUL!!!!

Cloete

International Captain
For some reason in Queensland we don't get any coverage until 2PM.... WHY THE HELL IS THAT???

I know for the ODI's it's if they aren't sold out then they don't show it to encourage you to go to the ground.... but this is a TEST! They're not going to get a sellout... except the Boxing Day test..

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
haha serves you southerners right for having stupid daylight saving.

cloete it's the same for both, and fair enough i suppose.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Cloete said:
For some reason in Queensland we don't get any coverage until 2PM.... WHY THE HELL IS THAT???

I know for the ODI's it's if they aren't sold out then they don't show it to encourage you to go to the ground.... but this is a TEST! They're not going to get a sellout... except the Boxing Day test..
AFAIK they still do that to make you go to the test match.. Do you still miss it if you live in Cairns?? Your hardly likely to go to the test if you live up there!
At least you guys dont have to pay £42 per month to watch all the England home tests, (sky get the rights to one of them).. England are always worse off when it comes to cricket broadcasting..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:

You just answered your own question.

I believe the same sort of thing happens on the West Indian island that the current game is taking place on?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
At least you guys dont have to pay £42 per month to watch all the England home tests, (sky get the rights to one of them).. England are always worse off when it comes to cricket broadcasting..
It gets worse, the whole 1st series of the summer is on Sky from 2006 apparently.

Lord MacLaurin has tried to point out an agreement he made with Chris Smith (not Judge's brother) which makes that a bit dodgy, but I dout that'll stop them.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
You just answered your own question.

I believe the same sort of thing happens on the West Indian island that the current game is taking place on?
Yeah I know.. but it's still hard to believe. Sell-out tests just don't happen...

Anyway great partnership between McGrath and Gillespie.... thank goodness for ABC radio + Cricinfo :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
It gets worse, the whole 1st series of the summer is on Sky from 2006 apparently.

Lord MacLaurin has tried to point out an agreement he made with Chris Smith (not Judge's brother) which makes that a bit dodgy, but I dout that'll stop them.
Figures, I think it's a disgrace that World Cup & The Ashes (away) aren't protected from Sky when tedious garbage like F1 and the Grand National are.