• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Home Advantage

I think the Country with the best home advantage is..

• New Zealand

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • India

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Pakistan

• England

• South Africa

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Cloete

International Captain
I'm thinking New Zealand...It's clsoe between India and NZ.

Yeah I'd say it's NZ. Because it's home advantage... I don't care how well they've done anywhere else. NZ's wickets helps all their part-time bowlers and all-rounders. Virtually no team from the subcontient has a chance most of the time..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just to clear it up, Australia haven't been beaten at home since the West Indies beat them 2-1 in 1992/93 thanks to one of the greatest ever spells of bowling from Curtley Ambrose at the WACA in the decider, where he took all the wickers in his 7-25 from about 10 overs.

As an interesting aside, Australia also haven't lost away since then either, aside from in the subcontinent. Their total record in test series since that West Indies loss is 29 won, 6 drawn and 5 lost. Three of the five losses came to India in 1996, 1998 and 2001, and one each to Pakistan in 1994 and Sri Lanka in 1999.

I voted for Australia, but after thinking about this record a bit more I don't think home advantage has much to do with it. Evidently Australia have simply been dominant everywhere except the subcontinent, which indicates that the subcontinent teams benefit greatly playing at home against the Australians, and India's record backs this up further, so if I could I would change my vote. ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Did Pakistan beat India in India recently? I thought the 1998/99 series was drawn wasnt it?

Can't remember at the top of my head.....
It was supposed to be a 3 test series, but due to the stupid Asian Test Championship they made the last test in calcutta as ATC test which Pakistan won. That is the reason Pakistanis consider the 1998-1999 series as a series victory. Officially it isn't but, I guess it can be regarded as a test series win.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I would say there is 3 teams that use home advantage way more than others: India, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.

But it usually is just the natural conditions in that particular country.....isn't it?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i think that new zealand simply because all their players seem so suited to the pitches that they produce. they're players are better suited to their home conditions than any other country to their own conditions. this does not reflect in their results, however, because they do not have all that much class which means that they grind out victories instead of blast teams out like india or sri lanka may do at home

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'd say India because they are generally less than mediocre outside of India. The Indian team is suited to Indian conditions, whereas I think Sri Lanka's team offers a little bit more (than their Indian counterparts) in varied conditions.
which makes me wonder when was the last time SL won a game outside the sub continent(and zim).....