• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe Rebels give in

shaka

International Regular
Most have left to play elsewhere. They dont really mind agreeing to halt the rebel cause.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
Most have left to play elsewhere. They dont really mind agreeing to halt the rebel cause.
What choice did they have? No one who could have made a difference or boosted their fight came forward or showed any guts. They were left to fend for themselves and would have been emroiled in an expensive legal battle which would have drained their meagre(if any) resources.

The rest of the cricket establishment and the public should hang their heads in shame. Its a black day for cricket and justice.

Sussexshark

Cricket Spectator
SJS said:
What choice did they have? No one who could have made a difference or boosted their fight came forward or showed any guts. They were left to fend for themselves and would have been emroiled in an expensive legal battle which would have drained their meagre(if any) resources.

The rest of the cricket establishment and the public should hang their heads in shame. Its a black day for cricket and justice.

I agree totally. There are still so many questions that could and should be asked of the ICC's head-in-the-sand attitude to this whole affair. None of them should be anywhere near being in charge of the game we love so passionately.

Peter

Langeveldt

Soutie
Its a sad day, a group of oppressed cricketers seeking an allied in the ICC just got insulted and ignored..

The ICC don't deserve to have this group of fair and decent sportsmen go anywhere near them.. And as long as I can have a net and a game of cricket in the yard I hope the ICC and ZCU get what they deserve..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely a disapponting end !!

Some of the cricketers did get contracts to play for the counties and shield cricket in Australia, but the rest were left to languish.
I thought there was a players union (PCA) with Tim May as its head, that would have taken up their case and stood by them and helped them !!
Obviously there was not much clout or recognition to be gained by helping these poor guys, so everyone just backed away and minded their own business.
The end appears like a demoralising victory for the Mugabe cronies in Zimbot land !! Absolutely disappointing !!