• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest chucker in business (apart from murali)

Who is the greatest huker (apart from murali)

• Brett lee

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Shoaib akhtar

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Jermaine lawson

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • chaminda Vaas

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think there should be an option to say there are no other chuckers because I'm not so sure that any of those players do in fact "chuck".

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess we have to wait for the ICC committee to release the full report.
But its either every one chucks or no one does !! There's no point in having more degrees of chucking allowed for fast bowlers and not for slow bowlers.

To answer the original question on the thread, I hope Paul Hurion, Professor Bruce Elliott and co. will make it their business to study the likes of Thommo (Jeff Thompson), Dennis Lillee, Freddie Trueman, Frank Tyson and others from Video footages and film footages to see what they come up with !!

Then we may be able to answer the question of this thread better ! :D

Deja moo

International Captain
masterblaster said:
The poll says 'who is the greatest hucker'

:huh: :wacko:
yes , I too am shocked to discover that the four named there offer ***ual services in return for monetary compensation .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
None of those mentioned fit the "Rugby" hooker's requirements either !! :laugh:

(being slim, lanky and asthenic as opposed to the requirement being short,fat,tubbies :D without a neck who are hookers).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bouncer said:
Just out of curisity was ever action of Paul Adams was questioned?

Good point - but I don't know quite how you could determine start and finish of his action!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
OK. Here is the most objective and fair list of test history's greatest chuckers !!

1. Martin Donnely (NZ Land)
2. Lindsay Hasset (Australia)
3. Colin Cowdrey (England)
4. Vijay Merchant (India)
5. Mohsin Khan (Pakistan)
6. Jack Cheetham (S Africa)
7. Roy Marshall (WIndies)
8. Sidath Wettimuny (Sri Lanka)

As you can see I carry no nationalistic bias :sleep:

What did you say ? You have never before mentioned these guys mentioned as chuckers ? Oh thats simple. Thats because no one found them difficult to play and none of them got anywhere close to a world record in test wickets :p :p :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
chaminda was mentioned in the "bogus" "secret seven" icc report.

wonder whether the bowlers who tend to really utilise the wrist, e.g. vaas, pollock and gillespie, are more likely to push the boundaries of the new rules than others

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
How come there isnt such a big hue and cry about Shoaib ? Is it because he is much easier to play than Murali and/or he doesnt threaten any one else's advance to a world record ?