• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gutsiest Innings

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chanderpaul deserves mention here. His near 2-hundred game in England was pure guts amidst a poor team effort and he's scored hundreds with injury against some of the leading opposition in the world, including Australia, South Africa, India and England.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
Honorable mention to Atherton's 185* vs South Africa.

we seem to be excluding people here based on them not being injured, the title of the thread isnt 'Greatest innings when injured'
no, but gutsiest innings suggests some form of adversity. Not just blazing the attack to all parts of the ground.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Atherton certainly didn't blaze in that knock!
I knew I'd get a reply like that! haha I couldn't be bothered changing it to make it clear I was talking generally and not about Atherton. I've never seen Atherton blaze away.....not saying that he wasn't very good mind you (just so I don't get more replies to the contrary).

Camel56

Banned
Guttsiest innings of all time would have to be the one i played last weekend in the blistering sun of blackwater. Was 57C in the shade, 95% humidty and bushfires raging all over the county side. I made 422 after having my left elbow smashed to pieces by one of the quickest deliveries you'll ever see. Was vommitting blood by the time i reached 50, suffering from third degree burn from the heat of the sun by the time i got to 100 but i stuck it out. Ended up losing 75% of my body weight and colapsed into a coma 5 minutes after being trapped LBW to a magnificent fast inswinging yorker.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Camel56 said:
Guttsiest innings of all time would have to be the one i played last weekend in the blistering sun of blackwater. Was 57C in the shade, 95% humidty and bushfires raging all over the county side. I made 422 after having my left elbow smashed to pieces by one of the quickest deliveries you'll ever see. Was vommitting blood by the time i reached 50, suffering from third degree burn from the heat of the sun by the time i got to 100 but i stuck it out. Ended up losing 75% of my body weight and colapsed into a coma 5 minutes after being trapped LBW to a magnificent fast inswinging yorker.
That's nothing. I scored a four once.

Camel56

Banned
Forgot to mention that by the half way mark of my innings i had lost all control of my bowel and bladder and was halucinating badly. Still i stuck on to complete what will go down as the greatest and guttsiest innings of all time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Camel56 said:
Forgot to mention that by the half way mark of my innings i had lost all control of my bowel and bladder and was halucinating badly. Still i stuck on to complete what will go down as the greatest and guttsiest innings of all time.
I'd call it stupid actually. Especially since it killed you.

Camel56

Banned
How could it possibly have killed me? Im on this site right now posting. Very very ill for a few days but certainly not dead. A little thought before you post would be much appreciated.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Camel56 said:
How could it possibly have killed me? Im on this site right now posting. Very very ill for a few days but certainly not dead. A little thought before you post would be much appreciated.
Sarcasm mate.

cricket player

International Debutant
Camel56 said:
dude that is nothing compared my inning. i made 90 run's which is my highest score yet' it was summer afternoon it was a match between two school's king high and mt eden high' i went as a opener' the first 15 over was alright i hit a good shot down the ground for four' we start picking up singele's' because 4 player's were out bu the time our inning reched 20 over mark' we start picking up singele's runing hard for doubele's at the 30 over mark i could'nt move my arm just like harshel gibbs' in icc champoins trophy againt india when he could'nt move his arm' so it was 35th over my score was around 90' And i told the umpire that i could'nt move my arm' he told me you have to quit now' so i did' :-O

Camel56

Banned
Yes thats all very impressive im sure. Nothing compared to my magnificent dig though. I suggest you read the details of it above.

cricket player

International Debutant
Camel56 said:
Yes thats all very impressive im sure. Nothing compared to my magnificent dig though. I suggest you read the details of it above.
ok i did read your post" ok i have a question for you' how can you survive losing your 75% body weight?

cricket player

International Debutant
Camel56 said:
dude you dont make sense. And i also don't believe you in that occasion' how can you possibly survive vommitting blood and losing 75% of your body weight'If it is true i would say that it will remain one of the guttsiest innings
Ever'