• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worcestershire sign Pakistani ace

chris.hinton

International Captain
Worcestershire County Cricket Club has announced the signing of Shoaib Akhtar as one of their overseas players for the 2005 season subject to clearance from the Pakistan Cricket Board.

Akhtar is currently fourth in the PriceWaterhouseCoopers Test Match rankings and will be available to the County from the 1st July.

Director of Cricket, Tom Moody, believes the signing is an important step in the Club’s efforts to gain promotion back to Division One of the Frizzell County Championship. He says “Shoaib is a world class strike bowler in both forms of the game and he will spearhead our drive for success in the latter half of the season. His experience of County Cricket can only be an advantage to us at New Road. He creates a huge buzz wherever he bowls and I have no doubt Shoaib will be a popular member of the squad both on and off the field.”

Shoaib says “I love playing county cricket in England and I’m really looking forward to helping Worcestershire get straight back into Division 1 of the Championship and challenge for honours in the one-day game. I’ll be rested and raring to go when I start in July and, from looking at the players Worcester have in their side, confident we’ll have a successful season”.

A Good Signing lets hope he will get bags of wickets for us next season

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
[

A Good Signing lets hope he will get bags of wickets for us next season[/QUOTE]
was he any good for durham

Rich2001

International Captain
PAKMAN said:
was he any good for durham
He did pretty well yeah nothing really special a handful of wickets in the longer form of game but did well in the limited over version somewhere in the 12-20 wickets at a avg of simalar figures.

Did ok with the bat as well, after he wasn't able to bowl he played as a out and out batsman, now his figures weren't great but for a number 10 batting at 4ish he did ok :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thought they'd got rid of Mohammad Ali, after realising how terrible a player he is.
Personally, I wouldn't mind if Hassan Adnan decided he wanted to play for England. A very fine player indeed, by the looks of things.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Richard said:
Thought they'd got rid of Mohammad Ali, after realising how terrible a player he is.
Personally, I wouldn't mind if Hassan Adnan decided he wanted to play for England. A very fine player indeed, by the looks of things.

I KNOW MUHAMMAD ALI PERSONALLY
IV PLAYED WITH HIM IN SOME CUP MATCHES
AND WHAT I SAW OF HIM HE WASNT THAT BAD TO B HONEST

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not by our standards, maybe, but you can hardly say he's been a success for Derbyshire, can you?
Not surprised, either, first time I saw him bowl last season - as per usual, all the commentators seemed worried about was that "I wonder whether he'll be happy with that "medium" on his bowling-label", not whether or not he is capable of bowling well or not.