• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sounding like Broken Records

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
look, i don't expect many replies to this post...but i just wanted to say that im sick and tired of australia "targetting" opposition players in the public arena. its annoying, and i think its effect is much overrated.

and now we have glenn mcgrath thinking that everyone is keen to hear who he will be targetting in the next series. geez glenn, are u planning on bowling better to one guy than ne1 else.

to finish, i'd like to quote glenn. "i think its 50-50 between us" when describing his battles with nathan astle. so far, mcgrath has dismissed him once in tests. (warning: unreliable source for statistic)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, it is just the overpaid arrogant Aussies attempt to read yet another article about themselves in the paper. Every other team knows that Australia are the best side in the world and they will be heavily challenged when they come to Australia, I don't think the Aussie players need to remind them about that.

And we Australians wonder why other teams love beating us so much...it is because we aren't graceful in defeat and boast like we've won World War 3 with each test match we win.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, it is just the overpaid arrogant Aussies attempt to read yet another article about themselves in the paper. Every other team knows that Australia are the best side in the world and they will be heavily challenged when they come to Australia, I don't think the Aussie players need to remind them about that.

And we Australians wonder why other teams love beating us so much...it is because we aren't graceful in defeat and boast like we've won World War 3 with each test match we win.
Cracking post..

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:

Tad melodramatic there, don't you think?

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I am so sick of seeing all these threads about Murali chucking, McGrath chucking....where did all these losers come from? It has stopped me posting on here more regularly because i have to dive though a whole lot of crap before finding something to post on.

On another point, I hate thefact that if an Aussie is saying that Murali chucks, then he is automatically wrong. That is simply not the case, no matter who tells you what. The ICC can be wrong as well.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Casson said:
Tad melodramatic there, don't you think?
No, I don't think so. When was the last time Australia didn't give an excuse other than "we were beaten by a better team" when they lose? They always blame the pitch or lack of form or something else, but never their own performance.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
SquidAU said:
I am so sick of seeing all these threads about Murali chucking, McGrath chucking....where did all these losers come from? It has stopped me posting on here more regularly because i have to dive though a whole lot of crap before finding something to post on.

On another point, I hate thefact that if an Aussie is saying that Murali chucks, then he is automatically wrong. That is simply not the case, no matter who tells you what. The ICC can be wrong as well.
sorry, but this post isn't talking at all about that.

No, I don't think so. When was the last time Australia didn't give an excuse other than "we were beaten by a better team" when they lose? They always blame the pitch or lack of form or something else, but never their own performance.
exactly. they refuse to believe that another team is good enough to beat them. and that is fuelled by the press. but neways, petulant overpaid and annoying...but cricketers of the highest class nonetheless

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't so much "they're hanging onto excuses, and refusing to accept that Australia are the better side" from the Aussie press on the regular occasions that Australia win.