• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dissapointed With Indian Suppoters

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
i was extremely disappointed at the attitude of the indian crowd...the stadium was half empty when around 10 overs were left, where is the sportsman spirit guys? when the **** players were returning to the pavillion there were only a handful of ppl there to clap for them, i rem during the karachi odi our whole stand stood up and clapped for them, do u rem us leaving the ground early? we were actually cheering for dravid to get his hundred, but in kolkata even when salman made a century the response wasnt gr8, i just hope things improve in the upcoming tour in feb
cheers

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh behalf of the Indian population, that being over 1 billion people, I offer my apologies.

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jono said:
Oh behalf of the Indian population, that being over 1 billion people, I offer my apologies.
finally 1 sensible person out a billion .
juno i appriciate ur gutts !!
seeeeeee ! u guys .. nuthing wrong in apologizing :)

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
PAKMAN said:
i was extremely disappointed at the attitude of the indian crowd...the stadium was half empty when around 10 overs were left, where is the sportsman spirit guys? when the **** players were returning to the pavillion there were only a handful of ppl there to clap for them, i rem during the karachi odi our whole stand stood up and clapped for them, do u rem us leaving the ground early? we were actually cheering for dravid to get his hundred, but in kolkata even when salman made a century the response wasnt gr8, i just hope things improve in the upcoming tour in feb
cheers
didnt pakistan fans leave during the final of the triangular tournament played in pakistan earlier this yr? when jayasuriya took 5 wickets?

Sudeep

International Captain
Mecnun said:
Hate to stereotype but South Indian fans have a reputation to be more sporting generally...
Not being from South India, I can say that that's pretty true.

Sudeep

International Captain
Hit4Six said:
didnt pakistan fans leave during the final of the triangular tournament played in pakistan earlier this yr? when jayasuriya took 5 wickets?
Actually, I believe that that's the general behaviour of sub-continental country fans. It's just too extreme. :wacko:

V Reddy

International Debutant
It's a typical attitude of the subcontinental people barring Sri Lanka ( Hey it's close to South India ;) ) . It's only that in the recent months , the behaviour of the Pakistan Crowd changed that makes Kolkata crowd look bad even more.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Kolkata crowds have never been known for their sportiveness. That said, I thought they behaved really well as long as they were there. And I am sorry too, on behalf of the cricket fans in India.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think they carry this passionate/emotional stuff a bit too far. The Calcutta crowds , that is.

The crowds in south are the best (which really means Bangalore and Chennai) followed by Bombay.

North Indian crowds can often be rowdy and unpredictable.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
oh i understand now
its coz it wsa diwali
thats y they were so upset becharay
i kinda feel sorry 4 them now

Beleg

International Regular
Madras' crowd is really supportive and great. There was evan an article acclaiming them in Cricinfo [probably].

Sehwag309

Banned
PAKMAN said:
oh i understand now
its coz it wsa diwali
thats y they were so upset becharay
i kinda feel sorry 4 them now
diwali=Hindu festival
becharay=having pity on one

Oh Pal, 8-) very heavy for u to take pity for some many people, no need to do it..I am sure they are capable of handling it themselves

Actually upset on the team, that they couldn't defend 290

They maybe upset but not so low that they measure the biggest festival in terms of a one - off Masala (****tail) Match

They must have left the stadium and celebrated Diwali in Grand Style

I am sure Pakistanis too wouldnt stop fasting if they lost the game...sorta similar perspective but easily compared due to the timing of the game and the festival month

Last edited:

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
I think Kolkata crowds have never been known for their sportiveness. That said, I thought they behaved really well as long as they were there. And I am sorry too, on behalf of the cricket fans in India.
U say Kolkata crowds aren't known for their sportiveness,I'd like to agree(Saurav Ganguly comes from Kolkata)...haha,but this is not fair comment abt 1 billion people in India,there really is great sportsmanship spirit amongst us...What say u...

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
The reason why I love watching Eden Gardfen matches is becasue of the passion of the crowd. Obviously they care about their team and want them to win, and dont like it when India loses. Karachi crowd have always been similar for the last 20 years I have been watching cricket, but maybe it was forced last time around to be "nice", which frankly is a bit fake to me.

The thing that I dont like is when the crowd interferes in the game like in that game when dravid/tendulkar were out on successive balls, or worse still in '96 world cup (which was pathetic in my opinion). Karachi crowds although smaller have had similar bad incidents, you guys might not remember, but once Prabhakar got 4 quick wickets including Miandad, and Pak were in deep trouble, the crowd strated intervening and the match had to be stopped.

So, showing passion and favouring the home team is fine, infact that provides excitement to the game, the visitors figihting the adversity of the crowd makes it more interesting, but when the passion starts meddling into the game (which it did not this time around), its a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.