• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dissapointed With Indian Suppoters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouncer

State Regular
Sehwag309 said:
Indian Behaved Crowd...YEAH WHOLE OF INDIA

Also

Angry fans accuse team of 'throwing' match
This is where u indirecty brought match fixing into the discussion.....

azher was never found guilty of match fixing

why dont u try asking this qs.. to BCCI...why the heck they not included him in the honerery list for a game played in calcutta, a place where nobody has better recored than him....and the place where he wasnt even invited......

That tells if they think he was guility or not....atleast ROW got that message :D

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bouncer said:
Sehwag. trying to bring Match fixing into discussion.....is this the best excuse u can have to defend ur well behaved crowd 8-)

...Son as far as match fixing is concern....well.....Does Jadeja, Azher, And Kapil who cried on national TV (what a hero haaa, reaally represented the whole countrys bravery) ring any bells....? :D
Go watch the interviews of your cricketers like Akram, Younis and Akhtar, they will tell you how well behaved paksitani fans are. :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bouncer said:
...Son as far as match fixing is concern....well.....Does Jadeja, Azher, And Kapil who cried on national TV (what a hero haaa, reaally represented the whole countrys bravery) ring any bells....? :D
Well At least our hero is better than some great of your country who wrote in his book that he used to Temper with the ball. :) CHEAT !!!

Bouncer

State Regular
Sanz as much as running away is concern, i have told u before that India Pak discussion or cricket is not the only thing in my life.....and i dont like arguing with people who have no social life than all this...(u know what i am talking about)

So far i havent talked about U as indivisual, and u have pointed out towards me " as u know my type"...that tells what ur morals are and definetely i dont even want to start talking about it on cricket forum.

Sehwag309

Banned
Bouncer, if u had quoted that I would have understood. I thought u were mixing Azhar minority with Match - fixing

That was just the heading, the point was the fans there get rowdy too

P.S :D We all have lives outside this too...and frankly I thought it was other way around

V Reddy

International Debutant
Bouncer said:

why dont u try asking this qs.. to BCCI...why the heck they not included him in the honerery list for a game played in calcutta, a place where nobody has better recored than him....and the place where he wasnt even invited......

That tells if they think he was guility or not....atleast ROW got that message :D
This thread is stupidity at its best. How can one claim that only the Indian crowd has been bad. On India’s tour of Pakistan in 1989, a spectator had ran on to the field in the Karachi Test and lunged at Srikkanth, tearing off his shirt and embarrasing him in front of the whole crowd. There was stones thrown at the Indian team during the 3 match odi series in 97 too.

Now this guy would stoop so low to say Azhar was attacked b'coz he was a muslim and he kindly forgets attacks on Dravid's, Jadeja's , etc,. houses. Hyderabad hass 50 % minority population and in his locality of Rd -10 of Banjara Hills, about 60-70% of population is Minority and it was reported that his neibhours has stoned his house. Azhar even said that day that he was being targeted by the police b'coz he was a Muslim but was made to retract his statement by the muslim org's . Also don't worry about him. He is having an absolutely gala time here. His photos appear in the local dailies every other day enjoying himself in a party with his wife.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Then there was this match when India forfeited an odi match in Pakistan with Bedi as captain when four beamers were bowled against Viswanath which were not called as wides by the Pak umpires. India needed just 23 runs with 8 wickets in hand

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Pak have been losing at home for quite a while now...but how many times have u had the crowd behaved as bad as indian crowd(putting stadium on fire, throwing objects at opposite team)
How often have you had a crowd in a test match ?

The only one i rememebr happened in Karachi in 1997 but even that was caused by spectators out side the stadium who could not get into the crowd and got mad.
Reminds me Karachi 1997-8 This is the last time India played there. The Indian team had to walk out and the Pakistan innings terminated after crowd threw things. Mind you, this was the crowd inside the ground, nothing to do with those outside.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bouncer said:
Sanz as much as running away is concern, i have told u before that India Pak discussion or cricket is not the only thing in my life.....and i dont like arguing with people who have no social life than all this...(u know what i am talking about)

So far i havent talked about U as indivisual, and u have pointed out towards me " as u know my type"...that tells what ur morals are and definetely i dont even want to start talking about it on cricket forum.
Blah Blah Blah...and Bouncer remembers that he has a social life and runs away. :laugh:

Yeah you have not talked about me as an individual, Check out your posts where you said that 'I dont have a social life....and blah blah blah' You must have been talking about yourself. Look at your posts and the times you come on this forum and you will know more about your social life. Look at your posts where you called Indians as 'Madras based Java Monkies' and yet keep claiming that you haven't talked about us. Yes I know people like you very well.

Fortunately this is not a Pakistani forum where you will throw insults and get away with it and I am sure you are getting close to your Dear pal.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
V Reddy said:
.. He is having an absolutely gala time here. His photos appear in the local dailies every other day enjoying himself in a party with his wife.
Tell me about it..I check Deccan only for that just to see Azhar and Sangeeta once in a while, Azza is getting uglier and Sangeeta is getting prettier. :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
A Conversation beween the Umpire and Sarfaraz Nawaz during an India Pakistan Match in Pakistan, by Balwinder Singh Sandhu :-

"I was batting with Mohinder, when I saw that Sarfaraz Nawaz was over-stepping the crease by almost a foot. I brought this to the umpire's attention by drawing a line with my bat.

So the next time, Sarfaraz over stepped, the umpire called out to him and said, "Sarfi yaar ball todhi peeche se dal, tu no-ball dal raha hai [Sarfaraz, you are bowling no-balls, bowl from a little behind]."

"Tu apna kaam kar [You do your work]," said a clearly annoyed Sarfaraz within earshot.

To which the umpire retorted, "Main to kar raha hoon, par Sandhu dekh raha hai [I am doing my job, but Sandhu is watching]."

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2004/mar/10ashu.htm

Another incident narrated by Dilip Vengsarkar :-

"..Oh, the umpiring was quite bad. One of the local journalists told me during the 1982-83 trip that there are odds available on the number of lbws given during the series.

We'd plead with the umpires and the standard reply was: " Janab jahan say main dekh raha hoon , ball dandi per nahi lag rahi thi . (From where I'm looking, the ball won't have hit the stumps)."

Our bowlers were frustrated. One of our bowlers even implored Javed Miandad and Imran Khan to urge the umpires to give some lbw decisions but they'd turn around and say: " Mian, yeh Pakistan hai (This is Pakistan, mister)." And we'd quietly get on with our jobs.

Even the local media didn't write anything to bring to light these misgivings. Such was the anguish that we vowed that on Pakistan's return tour to India, they will get the same kind of umpiring. But that never happened, our umpires were good. "

http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/511640.cms

Oh Btw, DB Vengsarkar's last statement is BS, our umpires were bad as well.

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
The crowds in south are the best (which really means Bangalore and Chennai) followed by Bombay.

I disagree about Bombay crowds being good .
Bombay crowds tend to be composed of mainly college students who are sickeningly partisan .They have a complete lack of appreciation for good cricket from the opposition , and resort to heckling the opposition players .

In the fourth test recently , they even started chants of "Pakistan hai hai" , obviously aimed at Umpire Aleem Dar .

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well, It must be a recent phenomenon. Last time I was at Wankhede to watch India-SL test match back in 1997-98. It was fun and we never had any problems. I have to agree though Crowd wasn't very appreciative when it came to the opposition, but there was no heckling or booing of any sort. Crowd really supported Kumble and Chauhan and cheered them every time they came into bowl.

yohanna

Banned
Sehwag309 said:
Indian Behaved Crowd...YEAH WHOLE OF INDIA

Anyone hear of that infamous incident in 1980-81?

West Indies were playing at Multan, and the crowd kept throwing fruit and stones at Sylvester Clarke who was on the boundary. Guy has a wonderful temper, and it didn't take much for them to rile him up until he grabbed a brick and threw it back into the crowd.

Also

Angry fans accuse team of 'throwing' match

Interestingly West Indies last tour tour of India happened to be unique (as far as crowd trouble) in the sense that there was crowd trouble in three consecutive matches !

well, they were surely very consistent!

Sehwag309

Banned
Deja moo said:
I disagree about Bombay crowds being good .
Bombay crowds tend to be composed of mainly college students who are sickeningly partisan .They have a complete lack of appreciation for good cricket from the opposition , and resort to heckling the opposition players .

In the fourth test recently , they even started chants of "Pakistan hai hai" , obviously aimed at Umpire Aleem Dar .
Thats Wankhede Tradition.. :p ..been to 3 games and that chant is almost certain along with "Ganpati Baba Moriya". At the same time, they boo Indian players like hell too...IIRC, V.Prasad was given a hard time when he was fielding at the boundary

Don't ask me why? Its just there. But that kinda crowd/group of people are almost in every stadium of the world

Last edited:

yohanna

Banned
Sanz said:
. In recent times, India/Pakistan are riding on the friendship wave, so the behaviour of the crowd has changed. I know it is too difficult for you to understand.

Now that's insensible. Crowd trouble has little to do with friendship/ Enmity between two countries, if that has been the case then how would you explain crowd trouble in matches played between India-WI, or between Pak-WI or Pak-SL??
In my opinion there are few irritants in the crowd that causes all the trouble and these people don't give a damn about relationship between countries.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Come on people - why all the flaming?

We all know both sides have had shockers in the past, but that sort of thing is exactly that, in the past.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think we all could do with counting to ten before posting here.

You're not gonna get anywhere with one-upmanship as we all know that both countries have a history of crowd violence/disruption which is nothing to boast about. Being "less bad" isn't really something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.