• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is McGrath a chucker?

mcgrath a chucker?

• yes

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters

viktor

State Vice-Captain
He does bend his arm more than 10 degrees (thats what I read in Angus Fraser's column). So if the proposal made by the committee is not accepted, it would stand to reason that technically he would be a chucker.
That would be interesting.. Murali wouldn't be able to bowl his doosra but McGrath would also be on the borderline atleast.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Been listening to Murali's latest lamentations, have we?
He's likely been reading the various columns and opinions written about the report, including those of Michael Holding and Angus Fraser, both of whom were actually ON the sub-committee studying these actions.

Murali's specific figures haven't been verified (and could possibly be BS), but the reports that McGrath exceeds the tolerance levels don't originate with him.

bryce

International Regular
murali has also denied the statements he made about the three australian quicks, he claims he was 'mis-interpreted'.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ReallyCrazy said:
sorry it wasn't me! i swear, it was the ICC which let me know mcgrath chucks :p
i have an idea, maybe ban bowling, should be an interesting game then.....

Slow Love™

International Captain
To give McGrath credit, he and Gillespie have acknowledged the wisdom of the report's recommendations. Here's what he said:

"At least you've got a benchmark. I know they go into the lab afterwards, which, to me, is nothing like a match situation. You can do whatever you want and change your action. But when you're out in the middle, if they can have a standard testing procedure ... I'm all for it.

"When I found out that the testing could be done in match situations with high-speed cameras, and a few of us had already been tested, I started thinking it was a good idea. It already shows that people like myself and Shaun Pollock who people say have pretty sound actions, that we have a bit of a flex of 10-12 degrees."

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/NOV/103179_AUS_17NOV2004.html

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Slow Love™ said:
He's likely been reading the various columns and opinions written about the report, including those of Michael Holding and Angus Fraser, both of whom were actually ON the sub-committee studying these actions.

Murali's specific figures haven't been verified (and could possibly be BS), but the reports that McGrath exceeds the tolerance levels don't originate with him.
Tim May was also on that committee and was bewildered by some of Murali's allegations.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Tim May was also on that committee and was bewildered by some of Murali's allegations.
Yes, he said he didn't know where the figures came from (which is why I said that there was the possibility that the degrees Murali put forward could be BS).

This doesn't change the fact though that the reports that McGrath was over the limit didn't originate with Murali, nor the fact that McGrath seems to have acknowledged this point himself.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
this is just made by someone trying to get up aussies. good on ya mate. u're a f*ing funny *******

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Slow Love™ said:
Yes, he said he didn't know where the figures came from (which is why I said that there was the possibility that the degrees Murali put forward could be BS).

This doesn't change the fact though that the reports that McGrath was over the limit didn't originate with Murali, nor the fact that McGrath seems to have acknowledged this point himself.
And what I wanted to say is that if McGrath is a chucker, then every other bowler in the world must be as well. And if that's the case, then the rule should be changed, I agree.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
And what I wanted to say is that if McGrath is a chucker, then every other bowler in the world must be as well. And if that's the case, then the rule should be changed, I agree.
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I don't know about ReallyCrazy's motives in creating the thread, but I think that the fact that McGrath is over the tolerance levels says that the tolerance levels aren't adequate. And by the same token, providing he's in the same ballpark, we should give Murali a break.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
As I said in the other Murali vote, again this thread has been initiated with an intent of flame war, malice IMO.

I do not want to vote and give it credibility that it does not deserve !! :huh:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Slow Love™ said:
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I don't know about ReallyCrazy's motives in creating the thread, but I think that the fact that McGrath is over the tolerance levels says that the tolerance levels aren't adequate. And by the same token, providing he's in the same ballpark, we should give Murali a break.
Are you of the opinion that spinners should have the same tolerance level as all other bowlers?