• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne.

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup will be the next Duncan Fletcher, you heard it here first. He is highly thought of in the exeter ranks.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
DJellett said:
Shane Warne reinvented spin bowlin g and saved it from a time when it was dying in Australia.

Everyone wanted to bowl like Holding, Garner, Lilee and all the other fast bowlers of the 70's, 80's and early 90's, because they were a joy to watch, whereas spin was considered by some as boring.

Shane Warne brought spin bowling back in it's own right and made it as exciting part of the game as any other aspect.

As far as spin bowling, and in fact bowling in general goes, Shane Warne is a legend.
is that you Bill Lawry? :p

masterblaster

International Captain
The point that Shane Warne is the greatest spin bowler of all time is certainly worth debate, but no doubt in mind that he is a legend no matter what his off field episodes were like.

Here's to Shane Warne, a legend of cricket and thank god not of Australian Rules Football!

I'm certainly lucky to have seen such a charasmatic and intruiging spin bowler at work.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I said before that I am a big fan of Warne's. I still rate Murali to be a better spinner than him, but it is really just a matter of preference, at the end of the day. Both have some weaknesses and a lot of strengths. So it all really boils down to who people prefer more. Warne is a bit of an extremes guy as a bowler, he is either great or bad, while Murali is more consistent. A bit like Lara and Tendulkar, IMHO.

a massive zebra

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Yes, because 530odd Test wickets is nothing is it? 8-)
You have to take into account how many matches people play. Was Kapil Dev more than twice as good a bowler as Sydney Barnes because he took well over twice as many wickets? Of course not. :pokey:

Last edited: