• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Secret Seven

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I tend to stay away from the Herald Sun in general (mainly for their political articles), so I won't be surprised if the article is bogus.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
oh, don't forget that this is a murdoch paper, and craddock is one of the worst cricket writers going around...in fact, im sure that enid blyton could still write much better cricket articles than him :d

Sudeep

International Captain
Deja moo said:
:lol::lol::lol: I love the way this thread has gone offtopic from chucking to Enid Blyton...
Can we go further off topic to PG Wodehouse?

Don't know how that's relevant, but that's what I'm reading currently.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
going off topic onto PGW, my favourite sentence in the Engllish language,
from "The Gold Bat" ,

I was only appealing to you to provide corroborative detail to lend artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative
I read that when I was 12, and English isn't my first language... took me a couple of days figure that out...
about Enid Blyton, she did dress up her own ideas in different books but then considering the amount of books she wrote, thats almost inevitable.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Just for completeness I thought I will post the original article from ICC. (even though it may appear repetitive

ICC dismisses reports of bowler 'hit list'

Brendan McClements November 16, 2004

The International Cricket Council today dismissed claims appearing in the Australian press that it had drawn up a 'hit list' of bowlers to be targeted over their actions.

ICC General Manager - Cricket David Richardson who chaired an expert sub-committee which discussed the issue of illegal actions said the suggestion that the panel had compiled such a list was nonsense.

"To say that the ICC has a specific list of bowlers under scrutiny is completely untrue," said Mr Richardson.

"The expert sub-committe was convened to look at the overall picture of the current regulations for dealing with potentially flawed bowling actions.

"It dealt with principles and processes not personalities. It had no mandate or responsibilities to report on specific players or their bowling actions and at no stage did it do so.

"It is disappointing that this report has appeared without any attempt to discuss this issue with the ICC. One phone call prior to publication could have dealt with this."

Other members of the sub-committee were Aravinda de Silva, Angus Fraser, Michael Holding, Tony Lewis and Tim May. It met in October 2004 and produced a series of recommendations that will be considered by the ICC Chief Executives' Committee in February 2005.

© ICC

Sudeep

International Captain
viktor said:
I was only appealing to you to provide corroborative detail to lend artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative.
Classic :D :wacko: