• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Super Series

What will Murali do?

• Have the guts to show up

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Come up with more "Personal Reasons"

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
let me put it this way, if you were a world class swimmer, the best ever, and along came a kid that had an accident as a kid and his feet were replaced with flippers, hardly his fault, yet it makes him a cheat....

maybe not the best example, but i guess you get my point....
One last go then.

Yes I understand your point, but isn't that an "unfair" advantage rather than cheating.

I'm not precisely sure which, if any, aspect of Murali's physiology gives him an "unfair" advantage (you seem to be focusing on the bent arm), but what we're supposed to be debating is whether Murali is "a cheat".

I don't think an in-built physiological advantage would constitute cheating and thus perhaps justify some of the vitriolic abuse you and others have dished out.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
scientists havent made this game what it is today, so they have no right to change it, you can tell with the naked eye that murali throws the ball, and 95% of test bowlers you cant...
So, Murali is a cheat because he has an unfair advantage bowling with a bent arm? If so, don't the other chuckers also have an unfair advantage?
Alternatively, none of them have an unfair advantage, so what's wrong with Murali then? It is irrelevant whether you can tell they're chucking or not with the naked eye, the issue is cheating, and if they're gaining an unfair advantage, they're cheating. SO which is it, are they all cheats?

twctopcat

International Regular
broncoman said:
let me put it this way, if you were a world class swimmer, the best ever, and along came a kid that had an accident as a kid and his feet were replaced with flippers, hardly his fault, yet it makes him a cheat....

So murali should have stayed at the Charles Xavier school for "special" kids instead of being allowed to play. He should be banned because of something he can do nothing about i.e his dna. Let the guy play for gods sake.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:

What about if you grew to a freak height... say 6ft 6 and bowled with a hyper-extension which meant you could bowl 80+ mph without much extra effort meaning you had a more consistent action and could therefore bowl more accurately and with more control than other bowlers?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
twctopcat said:
So murali should have stayed at the Charles Xavier school for "special" kids instead of being allowed to play. He should be banned because of something he can do nothing about i.e his dna. Let the guy play for gods sake.
well yeh, if he gets an unfair advantage from his "disability" he shouldnt be allowed to play...

Majin

International Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
And everyone must bowl like Ramnaresh Sarwan...
Damn straight they should.

I guarantee you, if Murali was Australian, every Australian would be up in arms fighting tooth and nail, "HE'S NOT A CHEAT HE'S AMAZING YOU PEOPLE CALLING HIM CHEATS SHUT THE HELL UP BLAH BLAH BLAH"

It's the same for every other nation as well. The fact is, Murali is a superb bowler, and any team would consider themselves lucky to have him, and if they could they'd use him. And then oh yes, every Aussie or Indian or Kiwi or Englander would be right up him, he'd be the best thing that ever happened, and the Sri Lankan's would probably be mouthing off about him being a chucker. The more bowlers that can do the batsmen in the better I say.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Majin said:
Damn straight they should.

I guarantee you, if Murali was Australian, every Australian would be up in arms fighting tooth and nail, "HE'S NOT A CHEAT HE'S AMAZING YOU PEOPLE CALLING HIM CHEATS SHUT THE HELL UP BLAH BLAH BLAH"

It's the same for every other nation as well. The fact is, Murali is a superb bowler, and any team would consider themselves lucky to have him, and if they could they'd use him. And then oh yes, every Aussie or Indian or Kiwi or Englander would be right up him, he'd be the best thing that ever happened, and the Sri Lankan's would probably be mouthing off about him being a chucker. The more bowlers that can do the batsmen in the better I say.
umm no, fact is hes not an Australian, and in general quite a few of us think hes a cheat....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would like to know what broncoman thinks about certain other cheats. A certain spinner (of whom I am a big fan of, BTW) who used drugs, who gave info. to a fixer and then said he was "naive and stupid" along with another one who is now butting into the Indian cricket affairs when no one really cares.

Swervy

International Captain
honestbharani said:
I would like to know what broncoman thinks about certain other cheats. A certain spinner (of whom I am a big fan of, BTW) who used drugs, who gave info. to a fixer and then said he was "naive and stupid" along with another one who is now butting into the Indian cricket affairs when no one really cares.
this irritates me ...

now I personally dont regard Murali as being a cheat, I think he is a brilliant bowler (and a top bloke as well)....but since when was Warne ever a cheat..did he match fix? NOPE Was it ever proven he took performance enhancing Drugs??NOPE etc etc.

He may be of questionable character, but that doesnt mean the guy is a cheat