• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Super Series

What will Murali do?

• Have the guts to show up

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Come up with more "Personal Reasons"

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
JASON said:
The Super series will lack credibility if the second highest (and possibly soon to be highest) wicket taker in Test cricket history does not turn up. So its in the interests of the game and ICC that he plays in it !!

I hope the Aussie cricket fans, Media and players can be mature in their conduct and in what they say when they open their mouths !! :)
Looking at the reaction of people on this board, that's wishful thinking.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
I hope I have a chance to throw something at him :p

Nah, I seriously doubt he'll come. It is Murali after all...
If The Aussie Media Machine doesn't go into overdrive to start hounding him from now, Since this Super Test will be under the auspices of the ICC he will definitely turn up !! (provided also his safety is guaranteed from mongerel fans like you !! :laugh: )

It will be an honour for him to turn up for a world XI. That is provided he's selected.
Mate, if Richie is one of the selectors along with Beefy Botham, they may not select him without any reason, regardless of whether he takes a hundred and fifty wickets in the coming year !! :wacko:

Of course they may have reasons to think that Ashley Giles is the number 1 spinner at the time of selection !! :laugh:

Eclipse

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
Meh...Im still hoping for a breathtaking Sachin century!
he wont even be in the side unless he picks up his form soon..

I hope he does but right now given the selection criteria he wont make it on form..

still IMO they would be dumb to leave him out.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
go ahead, your comments in the other thread certainly dont have me worried....

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
go ahead, your comments in the other thread certainly dont have me worried....
That's certainly fighting talk.

Am I right to imply that you are capable of being worried by comments on an Internet discussion forum, but I'm just not scary enough to do it?

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
when people are trying to defend Murali i get very disturbed....
"Disturbed" being the operative word judging by this quote from the other thread:

"this just proves what a little whinging ****** murali is, not to mention the fact hes the ones of the biggest cheats ever to play the games, its a shame he ever got through the system in SL with an action like that... he can go to hell..."

Simon

whats the problem with that post?
i was clearly demonatrating my feelings on the fact he is a cheat and should have been pinpointed as a cheat well before he got to first class cricket....

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
whats the problem with that post?
i was clearly demonatrating my feelings on the fact he is a cheat and should have been pinpointed as a cheat well before he got to first class cricket....
Ok then, to get to back to more serious discussion: on what precise basis do you label Murali as a cheat?

The only thing I can think of is - and admittedly I'm not too clear on the details - initially continuing to bowl the Doosra after he'd been told or advised not to do it. I would suggest arrogance or pigheadedness would be more apprpriate, though to give Murali the benefit of the doubt one might suggest it was out of sheer frustration at the perceived inustice of it all.

Simon

cricket is a game, games are based on rules and fairness, part of the game is to deliver the bowl within the rules, its been proven he does not deliver the ball within the rules. You dont need to be a scientist to see he doesnt bowl like everyone else, his arm is clearly in a different position to every other bowler.
And to me that makes him a cheat....

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
its been proven he does not deliver the ball within the rules
...and many others have been proven to have been playing outside the rules as well. Are they all cheats?

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
cricket is a game, games are based on rules and fairness, part of the game is to deliver the bowl within the rules, its been proven he does not deliver the ball within the rules. You dont need to be a scientist to see he doesnt bowl like everyone else, his arm is clearly in a different position to every other bowler.
And to me that makes him a cheat....
But it now appears to have been proven that most bowlers don't deliver the ball within the rules. Are you suggesting that Murali does it deliberately and the rest don't?

Haven't we established that the fact that his arm is "clearly in a different position to every other bowler" is completely irrelevant?

Simon

garage flower said:
But it now appears to have been proven that most bowlers don't deliver the ball within the rules. Are you suggesting that Murali does it deliberately and the rest don't?

Haven't we established that the fact that his arm is "clearly in a different position to every other bowler" is completely irrelevant?
maybe we have, but i still cant understand how its not considered an advantage, i cant buy into all that tribe about him being double jointed and so on, wheather or not his advantage is deliberate or not, it still exists...

as for all bowlers chucking, we will forgot that report ever came out in 6 months and the debate of murali will still be going, i have no doubt about that....

Simon

Dasa said:
...and many others have been proven to have been playing outside the rules as well. Are they all cheats?
scientists havent made this game what it is today, so they have no right to change it, you can tell with the naked eye that murali throws the ball, and 95% of test bowlers you cant...

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
maybe we have, but i still cant understand how its not considered an advantage, i cant buy into all that tribe about him being double jointed and so on, wheather or not his advantage is deliberate or not, it still exists...
If it's not deliberate though, is he still a cheat, which was your initial assertion?

Anyway, we're obviously never going to agree, so I'm going to leave it there.

Simon

let me put it this way, if you were a world class swimmer, the best ever, and along came a kid that had an accident as a kid and his feet were replaced with flippers, hardly his fault, yet it makes him a cheat....

maybe not the best example, but i guess you get my point....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
broncoman said:
let me put it this way, if you were a world class swimmer, the best ever, and along came a kid that had an accident as a kid and his feet were replaced with flippers, hardly his fault, yet it makes him a cheat....

maybe not the best example, but i guess you get my point....
No, it wasn't. Because this bloke with flippers has just turned up and is called Ian Thorpe...