• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Out for 6!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is an interesting little story from todays local paper, my club RSL played Lake Albert on the weekend and the result was pretty amazing, as the title says, all out for 6. I just thought id share it with you guys, and also see if anyone else knows of something similar happening before...

Wagga RSL bowler makes local cricket history

Wagga RSL strike bowler Ben Oakley has hd a hand in creating what is believed to be an unwanted slce of Australian sporting history. A Terrorising seven over spell from Oakley played a major part in routing Lake Albert's first grade cricket team for a record low score of all out for six runs at Wagga cricket ground on Saturday.
Lake Alberts miniscule total is the worst ever by a first grade side in the Wagga Cricket Association. It may also be the bleakest score by any first grade team in any form of cricket in the country. Along the way to Lake Albert achieving the miserable milestone, Oakley captured career best figures of five wickets for only 1 run. Shane Vincent, who opened the bowling with Oakley, shared in the slaughter to claim 4-3.

Wagga RSL strike bowler Ben Oakley recoded his best ever figures for a five wicket haul on Saturday as he tore through Lake Albert's top order. Claiming the vital wickets of the opening and middle order batsman, Oakley conceded just 1 run in his seventh and fnial over of bowling for the morning.
Teaming up with Bulldog Shane Vincent the duo cleaned up the Bulls in 13.4 overs with Vincent finishing with the tidy figures of 4-3 off 6.4.

Oakley said his performance just happened on "one of those days" where everything seemingly appears to go the bowlers way. "I Felt really good when i was bowling," Oakley Said. "It was just surreal. I was getting excited every time a wicket fell but i didnt think i could sort of believe it. "It really felt it just hapened. Even though it was a bowlers wicket, it was truly amazing what happened. It was unblievable."

"Usually when you get five wickets you go for a fair few runs, so this is definately my best five wicket haul." Oakley said the Bulldogs went in with a plan to keep Lake Albert under 100 runs, however it turned out far better than RSL expected. "I just wanted to bowl the right line and length," Oakley said. "We sort of had the plan to keep them under 100 runs, i got th right line and the right length and the ball was jagging around causing the batsman a lot of trouble."

For the record the batsmans scores were; 0,1,0,0,1,0,0,0,2,0*,0, extras 2 and in reply RSL made 9/declared/110 and put Lake Albert back in, they were 1/26 at stumps.

That was all taken from the Wagga Daily Advertiser....

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I played a few games for Lake Albert 3rd grade a few years ago, Im so proud to have been associated with the team that was involved. :D :D