Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ganguly's Suspension - Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    His injury was not crippling. He undertook a fitness test right in the middle of the ground with Andrew Leipus in front of the camera and Leipus was the one who declared him unfit, not he himself. Even the fitness test that he passed before the ODI against Pakistan was shown on camera. He is not acting as if he is injured. He could still walk and do stuff, juz that bending down for those drives and standing up to play those short balls (Which he gets so many) would have been very hurting with that injury in the thighs.
    Alright,I'd like to believe you although its hard to swallow about his injury...but the you just cant deny the other stuff I said earlier,there are suspicions about his 100% committment to all players in the team,also he's batting has undergone a downslide,fielding is pathetic,also as SJS rightly said the non-strikers fear him as well,and believe me there's no denying as a captain he was exceptional at some point of time but he has retained captaincy because of Dalmiya and the Board politics...
    Member Of AAAS

Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    It now appears he's going to play.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhil1772
    Alright,I'd like to believe you although its hard to swallow about his injury...but the you just cant deny the other stuff I said earlier,there are suspicions about his 100% committment to all players in the team,also he's batting has undergone a downslide,fielding is pathetic,also as SJS rightly said the non-strikers fear him as well,and believe me there's no denying as a captain he was exceptional at some point of time but he has retained captaincy because of Dalmiya and the Board politics...

Mmmmm.... never have taken to him myself. He's always seemed a little too pleased with himself. No doubt Dalmiya & Co have decided that Clive Lloyd was out of order in suspending Ganguly; if so then that's a dereliction of duty to the greater good of the game. Watching test and internaitonal cricket is way too expensive for me as it is; if I did get to go again I would like to see a full day's play not one deliberately slowed down by some snide gamesmanship. It's just not cricket, don't you know!!

Peter

Banned
    Ganguly is one of the best Indian captain ever, on top he's a class batsman, hence his suspension can NEVER be good for cricket.

I think C LLoyd was too harsh on Ganguly, anyway its good to learn that Ganguly will still be playing test matches.The cricket world needs the charm and grace of Saurav.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja
    I think C LLoyd was too harsh on Ganguly,

Why?

It's not as if it were a first offence!

Quote Originally Posted by Sussexshark
    Mmmmm.... never have taken to him myself. He's always seemed a little too pleased with himself. No doubt Dalmiya & Co have decided that Clive Lloyd was out of order in suspending Ganguly; if so then that's a dereliction of duty to the greater good of the game. Watching test and internaitonal cricket is way too expensive for me as it is; if I did get to go again I would like to see a full day's play not one deliberately slowed down by some snide gamesmanship. It's just not cricket, don't you know!!

Peter
    Well what would you do if a player gets injured or the bowl gets soaking wet in every over because of the dew.

Dalmiya and Co. have not decided that Ganguly is innocent, they have only used their right to appeal. It's the ICC which is going to decide. Ganguly has already said that he doesn't have any problem with any punishment and he will accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Why?

It's not as if it were a first offence!
    So is it right to arrest someone for robbery, when they did not commit the act, simply because they have previously done it?

Ganguly has been guilty of this before, no doubt. But they had to change the ball 8 times! Not to mention Butt's injury. Some leniancy must be shown.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja
    The cricket world needs the charm and grace of Saurav.
    Charm and grace of Saurav's batting I understand but what in blazes is 'the charm and grace of Saurav' ???

Excerpt-
    Gantooly
    Huh???
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    So is it right to arrest someone for robbery, when they did not commit the act, simply because they have previously done it?

Ganguly has been guilty of this before, no doubt. But they had to change the ball 8 times! Not to mention Butt's injury. Some leniancy must be shown.
    Yes, and 8 ball changes don't take an hour

If Ganguly's boys (a more appropriate name for the Indian team) won as many tournaments as Vaughan's England or the Fleming-led Kiwis, would he have so many making drop calls on him? His captaincy is very much like Nasser Hussain's.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Yes, and 8 ball changes don't take an hour
    We dont know that yet, Let the commisioner decide after watching the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    If Ganguly's boys (a more appropriate name for the Indian team) won as many tournaments as Vaughan's England or the Fleming-led Kiwis, would he have so many making drop calls on him? His captaincy is very much like Nasser Hussain's.
    With all due respect, How many tournaments Vaughan and Fleming have won ??

You know you are getting boring with your repeated Ganguly Bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    We dont know that yet, Let the commisioner decide after watching the evidence.
    You're trying to tell us it takes about 7 and a half minutes to change a ball?

You're conveniently forgetting Butt's cramping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information