• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly's Suspension - Great news!

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
I was looking forward to India dropping Ganguly,but it seemed impossible because of all the politics in the India board and the Dalmiya power,but Lloyd has done a great job by suspending him.Now atleast Ganguly will not again take undue credit for India's win over SAF in the upcoming test series(which seems probable)...Ganguly has done too much injustice to players like Agarkar,Murali Karthik,Kumble...If he believes so much that a player shouldn't be dropped by taking into account just one-off bad performances,then why does he keep dropping Agarkar and keep people like Zaheer,Kaif,Parthiv all the time in the eleven?Clear Double-Standards.
Also Saurav holds a personal grudge against Murali Karthik when the latter performed a small jig after dismissing him in a domestic match.Even some commentator (think Sanjay Manjrekar)said Karthik performs much better under Rahul and looks under pressure when under Ganguly.
And lastly it goes without saying his batting sucks nowadays,even I can take his wicket bowling short and quick...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He does misjudge some players, but he does judge others like Yuvraj, Kaif, Sehwag, Harbhajan, Zaheer, Pathan well, doesn't he? Rahul is not a good captain for India in the long term, he cannot really pull the team together like Sourav and I am sure Sourav thinks differently about Kartik nowadays. As a matter of fact, I think I have seen a change in Sourav's thinking about Kartik ever since last season's TVS One Day Series. Chopra still has time to make amends, but should try to convert his starts and the only thing wrong about Sourav's handling of Agarkar was the number of opportunities he got.

BTW, before we all get carried away, the BCCI have appealed against the decision as we all saw the amount of time consumed because of the dew and injuries to Butt (3 or 4 times), Dravid etc. Plus, the noisy crowd meant that it took longer for both captains to cry out to their fielders and get their attentions while making field changes. I think a severe warning and a big fine should have done the job as I don't think this was deliberate on the part of Sourav. Mind you, I have seen him slow down games deliberately before, but this was not one of those occasions, I am positive about that.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wow, Im amazed at the lack of support the guy gets.. Most of you obviously hate him.. Can't say I like the bloke, but usually you have to get behind yer skipper?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
no because hes a repeat offender, he needs more than 2 tests, send him to rehab!
If someone needs to be sent for Rehab then it is Mcgrath, Warnie and Company. :p

Ganguly is doing just fine. Btw the ban is suspended. :laughing:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It was Ganguly's fault that Salman was fasting and was cramping due to that, infact Ganguly should have instructed his bowlers to bowl without drying the ball. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha go Ganguly :D

Edit: Wait, is he off yet or will he only play if the appeal hasn't finished by then (barring of course he gets off on the appeal before the game).

This is putting pressure on Dravid which doesn't need to occur.

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
If we are gonna send Cricketers for rehab, surely Drinky Ponting, Potschelle Gibbs and Pill Warney should lead the way first ?

Scallywag

Banned
Sanz said:
If someone needs to be sent for Rehab then it is Mcgrath, Warnie and Company. :p

Ganguly is doing just fine. Btw the ban is suspended. :laughing:
I agree Ganguly is doing just fine, India have slipped to 8th in the ODI rankings and the test team is in a shambles, all due to his fine captaincy.

Suspending him is not the best option, India may improve.