• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Words between Yousuf Youhana n Irfan Pathan

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fast bowlers need to be aggresive.
What about Shaoib Akhtar?? Watch out for his stares and ****y smiles everytime he bowls.
Pathan looks like a cool dude compared to Akhtar.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
REALLY !!
What did they give him the best emerging cricketer award for....I wonder
It's called marketing. That award will boost sales of XtraPremium and Servo oils, as also Hero cycles. After all, he's not done much in comparison to the other Wisenot award winners, has he?

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
For those who remember his mocking applause of Marto in India-Australia series in Australia; he was just as aggressive then as he is now. Fast bowlers almost always are.

I like that quality in him - his pace has improved since he started and he has always been an intelligent bowler. I still believe he will be the Indian spearhead for years to come. He will only get better with experience.

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Arjun said:
It's called marketing. That award will boost sales of XtraPremium and Servo oils, as also Hero cycles. After all, he's not done much in comparison to the other Wisenot award winners, has he?
I don't buy that. He gave Aussies trouble on their home turf, playing a good support role to Kumble, and then was a vital cog in India beating Pakistan. Many ex-players who watched him bowl agreed that he deserved the award. Statistics aren't everything.

Just because you don't like his attitude anymore doesn't mean he is a bad bowler or all his good work from the past can be discarded now.

He is still the most capable fast bowler India has produced in years and I'll be happy to see him spearheading the Indian attack for years to come.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
Which world do you live in, sir ?

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
HE DEFINARELY IS A GOOD BOWLER
HE TOTALLY SQUAERD INZIMAM UP IN THT MAIDEN OVER

and i agree that fast bowlers should hav an attitude but no more then looks and glances, putting the arms up and makin a big deal out out of nothing really
is not the ideal attitude for fast bowlers

i personally liked allan donald,s attitude as a fast bowler

Shounak

Banned
deeps said:
standing up for yourself is one thing, showing utter disrespect is another. he had a tiff with marto in the past series, where marto seemed to have done nothing. And sledging some1 with 100 next to thier name in the way he does. He thinks he's better than everyone.

He has loads of talent, but needs to tuck away that ever-growing ego of his. The "idolising" of him has gotten to him. Only great players and great people wont let it get to them. Sachin Tendulkar is a classic example. People literally worship him, and yet he will show respect for the opposition when deserved. Dravid is another good example. he stands up for himself, when glared at, he will look straight back at the bowler etc. But he still has respect for the opposition. He doesn't have the mentality that he is better than the bowler, whomever the bowler is
Showing disrespect? Anyone watching the tests downunder would have seen the disrespect being shown by Brad Williams towards Ganguly. A part time player giving it to the captain and getting away with it, despite Ganguly's words with Ponting. He ran right up and was taunting him. No ICC reprimand..nothing. Williams also sent Agarkar off to the dressing room in a much more aggressive manner then Pathan did to Marto. You may say that a part time players behaviour does not reflect the attitudes of the team.

Then what about Haydo's comments to Dravid? "Where have you learnt your technique, mate! This is all what John Wright has taught you,’’. Now that is what I call disrespect.

Keep things in perspective. When playing against Australia, especially in Australia, the players need to up the ante in terms of aggression. Not all players are capable of this. Pathan clearly is. He's also I believe the greatest swing bowler in cricket at the moment and within 6 years will emerge as a force in the Indian team.

Last edited:

Choora

State Regular
Arjun said:
Pathan is developing into another Parthiv Patel....

I don't know what Pathan exactly said, but i can tell you that pakistanis are extremely scared of facing Pathan. I mean the two senior most guys of the team, Inzi and Youhanna, despite being captains and VC's stubbonly refused to bat at one down position(in the India-Pak test series) because of the fear of facing Pathan with the new ball!

Pathan generates fear in the facing batsmen, and he has achieved all this in very short time.

However Pathan should avoid getting in argument with batsmen as that is only going to distract him. Zaheer did that in WC final and ended up losing his way.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was some kind of game in which you had to find words in Youhana and Pathan's names!! :lol:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
shounak said:
Showing disrespect? Anyone watching the tests downunder would have seen the disrespect being shown by Brad Williams towards Ganguly. A part time player giving it to the captain and getting away with it, despite Ganguly's words with Ponting. He ran right up and was taunting him. No ICC reprimand..nothing. Williams also sent Agarkar off to the dressing room in a much more aggressive manner then Pathan did to Marto. You may say that a part time players behaviour does not reflect the attitudes of the team.

Then what about Haydo's comments to Dravid? "Where have you learnt your technique, mate! This is all what John Wright has taught you,’’. Now that is what I call disrespect.

Keep things in perspective. When playing against Australia, especially in Australia, the players need to up the ante in terms of aggression. Not all players are capable of this. Pathan clearly is. He's also I believe the greatest swing bowler in cricket at the moment and within 6 years will emerge as a force in the Indian team.
Great post. There's not one player I hate more in the world than Brad Williams. God he p*sses me off.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
shounak said:

What Pathan did was disrespectful and that is what matters. There should not be any justification. Also I wouldn't read too much into Hayden's comments, cricket would be boring without such banters.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
And who, do you think , SIR, should have got the emerging cricketer award ?

Parthiv, Yuvraj or Dhoni ??