• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could change anything about cricket -

odyssey

Cricket Spectator
Yea don't go into too much detail...lol.
what i would change:
If a batsmen is given out LBW, caught or some other form of dismissal, if the 3rd umpire sees that it was an incorrect decision for example : that there was an edge on an LBW and the batsmen is walking off... or the next ball hasn't beeen bowled yet, the they should have the right to overrule and the batsmen to be recalled.
And Int'l matches with flightpath and snicko etc... ump can use 3rd umpire to rule if he isn't sure.
And i would also ban/relegate/demote Zimbabwe and Bangladesh of test match/ODI status they r a joke.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
odyssey said:
Yea don't go into too much detail...lol.
what i would change:
If a batsmen is given out LBW, caught or some other form of dismissal, if the 3rd umpire sees that it was an incorrect decision for example : that there was an edge on an LBW and the batsmen is walking off... or the next ball hasn't beeen bowled yet, the they should have the right to overrule and the batsmen to be recalled..
NICE ONE,AGREED

Waughney

International Debutant
I guess give less power to the television broadcaster and more to the cricketing board (e.g. Cricket Australia)

Having 'The Price is Right' come on just before Warney equaled the record was damn annoying.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'd get rid of

1) Ehsan Mani
2) The throwing law (they are never going to sort it out, may as well get rid of it and get a level playing field) Then I could enjoy watching Murali bowl for once without thinking he's getting an unfair advantage
3) 5 test Ashes series.. Everyone else plays three? Why is that fair? Especially with a proper test league in action FGS!
4) I'd like a 2 tier test and One day championship.. With one relegation and promotion and Zimbo and Bangladesh in the lower tier.. (Guess that makes 8 nations in each tier then)
5) Less protectionism and more free marketing oppertunitys in the game of cricket..

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well obviously we need more cricket that has to be on terrestrial TV, such as LIVE Twenty20 or ODIs (I've not seen a live ODI on TV since 1999, Sky is a rip off and I ain't lining Murdoch's pockets to see cricket or anything else). Then when there's a vacuum of programs on Sky, shove all and I mean ALL of the horse racing onto Sky so I don't feel like throwing stuff around the room when every Friday and Saturday the live cricket on Channel 4 is shredded to show that crappy, tedious, mickey mouse handicap horse racing tripe with the shorthouse clown circus reject jockeys taking dives being proclaimed as athletes and sportsmen.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
1. more regular 5 test series - true test of the nations taking part.
2. 3 or 4 tier internation system, with each nation in the 1st division having an "A" side taking part as well, to help foster the growth of their young players while also assisting the growth of the minnows. 5 day matches only played in 1st division, the rest play 4 day matches (but all play one day matches).

also, 9 or 10 nations in the first tier, because otherwise after the first relegation/promotion, we would find a team that is not worthy of demotion who is 8th playing against the minnows until the next relegation/promotion and if that were a country where there are rival sports, it could see a slowdown in the growth of cricket in that country

3. abolition of all one day tournaments involving only two teams to alleviate the problem of excessive one day matches - needless games are what lead to match-fixing

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
Well obviously we need more cricket that has to be on terrestrial TV, such as LIVE Twenty20 or ODIs (I've not seen a live ODI on TV since 1999, Sky is a rip off and I ain't lining Murdoch's pockets to see cricket or anything else). Then when there's a vacuum of programs on Sky, shove all and I mean ALL of the horse racing onto Sky so I don't feel like throwing stuff around the room when every Friday and Saturday the live cricket on Channel 4 is shredded to show that crappy, tedious, mickey mouse handicap horse racing tripe with the shorthouse clown circus reject jockeys taking dives being proclaimed as athletes and sportsmen.
Agreed... I don't know of anywhere where it costs so much to see a game of cricket.. Ironically, yes you've guessed it, its at the home of cricket...

But it isn't crickets fault, it's the terrestial TV companys for not putting any money towards cricket.. Thats why you can't see any...

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
I would like to change the shape of the bat..I prefer it to be more rounded and made of treated wood and of one piece. Get rid of stumps and replace with a small square on the floor. A batsman should get three chances if he misses hotting teh ball thrice in a row he is out. Get rid of LBW's, actually pads are to be outlawed and any cricketer wearing them should be ridiculed mercilessly. I would also like to introduce two more sets of wickets errr squares on the ground.. equidistant from the already existing wickets err squares and placed at 45 degree angle between the current sets of wickets..err squares on the floor. Overarm bowling is to be disallowed and guilty parties flogged in public to discourage the heinous practice..The ball CAN only be chucked from now on!!! No bouncing the ball on the pitch allowed..take that McGrath...The ball should stay in air from bowlers arm to the wicket keeper's gloves. To get a run the batsman must first run to the first set of stumps then second and so on. 4 batters allowed on the pitch at any given time... and then just watch Sehwag get 200 in an ODI, actually so would Afridi.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I reckon players should wear mics and sledge the hell outta each other.
And 8 runs if the ball is lost. Hits like that deserve more runs..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vic_orthdox said:
3. abolition of all one day tournaments involving only two teams to alleviate the problem of excessive one day matches - needless games are what lead to match-fixing
So you'd scrap all ODI series then and only allow triangulars etc?

odyssey

Cricket Spectator
marc71178 said:
Here we go again 8-)

They're not accurate enough.
Well at least the umpire can have a look (upstairs)....and the incident can only be ruled on by 3rd ump if it's obvious.....if it's not obvious then throw it back to the umpires.

and what the **** is this supposed to mean

M-a-k-e t-h-e-m c-r-a-p
A-U-S-T-R-A-L-I-A.
"Originally Posted by Jamee999
??????????????