• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Fixing?

NikhilN

International Regular
How many of you think match fixing is true in todays time? I do, infact if there isn't one international match that hasnt been fixed for the last 6-7 years then you can change my name to whatever you want. Take todays India v Pakistan game for ex. ( I didn't make this thread because India lost if thats what you are thinking) The toss. By selecting to bat first when the whole world knew there was going to be dew(including ganguly) ganguly just told the world that he is the biggest idiot in the world. But if the match wasnt fixed, why would an idiot captain India?

ReallyCrazy

Banned
flashback to the TVS cup last year in the same venue. It was India vs. Australia in the finals. Australia batting first scored 234 (I think). India were bowled out for below 200. :wacko: :wacko: :blink:

The decision to bat first was right. It is altogether another matter they can't even defend a score of 292.

Sudeep

International Captain
NikhilN said:
How many of you think match fixing is true in todays time? I do, infact if there isn't one international match that hasnt been fixed for the last 6-7 years then you can change my name to whatever you want.
Why ask us? You are very good at changing your name yourself :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
NikhilN said:
( I didn't make this thread because India lost if thats what you are thinking)
No, of course you didn't. 8-)

NikhilN said:
The toss. By selecting to bat first when the whole world knew there was going to be dew(including ganguly) ganguly just told the world that he is the biggest idiot in the world.
Was not the talk before the game that batting was the way to go on winning the toss?

And did not India make 292 and start the innings pretty well?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
People, you're forgetting. This man is one of the world's foremost authorities on match fixing.

(Sorry, that was a goal so wide, so open and so gaping that not even Kanu could miss it)

This one even beats the Australian pitch whinging at Mumbai. I mean, not even Nibbs has used the old match-fixing line to explain any number of NZ Rugby's foul-ups. For crying out loud... India chased in the TVS Cup and lost. Ian Harvey had no problems at the death then (feel free to correct the bowler's name). If you can't defend 292 or bowl less than 23 wides in an innings, you don't deserve to win.

And as for every game being fixed - CT final? You really think that kind of raw emotion can come from a fix? Every Bangladesh defeat?

Pathetic. At best.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
People, you're forgetting. This man is one of the world's foremost authorities on match fixing.

(Sorry, that was a goal so wide, so open and so gaping that not even Kanu could miss it)

It was a goal so gaping and wide, that I didn't even bother going for the shot...

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
If you can't defend 292 or bowl less than 23 wides in an innings, you don't deserve to win.
We bowled 23 frickin wides!!!! :wacko: :wacko:
btw I didn't read the Fleming story; did someone offer him money to lose to B'desh???

deeps

International 12th Man
first you say u didn't make this thread bcoz india lost...then u say that india were match fixing due to the fact they batted first!

hourn

U19 Cricketer
I'd like to think Match Fixing isn't a problem, but sometimes it can be hard to believe......

We do put it down to just a collective group of individuals who all had an off day, and 99% of the time i reckon that is what happened.

But it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest to discover some matches (that hadn't even been suggested may be fixed) turn out to have some money involved and the game is thrown. I'd like to be proven wrong.

What has to be said is there is a lot of money in playing cricket. But there is even more money in gambling on cricket.

BTW, i would have no idea about the recent Pak-Ind match. Haven't seen it, only saw Butt batted well.

Craig

World Traveller
NikhilN said:
How many of you think match fixing is true in todays time? I do, infact if there isn't one international match that hasnt been fixed for the last 6-7 years then you can change my name to whatever you want. Take todays India v Pakistan game for ex. ( I didn't make this thread because India lost if thats what you are thinking) The toss. By selecting to bat first when the whole world knew there was going to be dew(including ganguly) ganguly just told the world that he is the biggest idiot in the world. But if the match wasnt fixed, why would an idiot captain India?
As opposed to bowling first and maybe conceding a a larger total?

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.