• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Vs Pakistan Whoz Favorite

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Who U Reckon Gonna Win In This One Off ,

India Will B Well Pumped Up In Front Of Full Houes Home Crowd
But Not Sure Of There Batting Form

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PAKMAN said:
Who U Reckon Gonna Win In This One Off ,

India Will B Well Pumped Up In Front Of Full Houes Home Crowd
But Not Sure Of There Batting Form
Of course , I would love India to win but I have never felt less sure in recent years :huh:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan should be favourites going by India's ability to bottle it in ODI finals of late (and there will be as much pressure on this game), but it's still only a one-off so anything can happen... Hopefully it will be a close contest but I wouldn't hold my breath with these two teams.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
WE shal wait and see,i think the team winning the toss will hav a great chance as abviosly they will elect to bowl,
id love to see shid afridi in fullflow but sadly that hardly hapens

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Team batting first has a better chance to win. Btw, Pakistan has never lost a cricket (Test or ODI) match at Eden Gardens. Last time we played Pakistan in Calcutta, we have some bad memories(Thanx to Shoaib Akhtar, Check Bouncer's Avtar), I hope Sachin and Dravid even things out. :)

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I would like to see a close match. I like seeing close matches between all teams but this one is special! :)

I can watch it tomorrow on Fox Sports, replay though :(

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SquidAU said:
I would like to see a close match. I like seeing close matches between all teams but this one is special! :)

I can watch it tomorrow on Fox Sports, replay though :(
Both teams should get over 300 runs,
the winning margin should not be more than 10 runs
with less than an over to go
and my Diwali will be made
irrespective of who wins !!

If Sachin gets a hundred it will be a bit better. :sleep:
If India wins AND Sachin gets a hundred it will be a HELLUVA BIT better. :p :p

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Sanz said:
Team batting first has a better chance to win. Btw, Pakistan has never lost a cricket (Test or ODI) match at Eden Gardens. Last time we played Pakistan in Calcutta, we have some bad memories(Thanx to Shoaib Akhtar, Check Bouncer's Avtar), I hope Sachin and Dravid even things out. :)
OH YEAH ,i remember them back to back fabulous yorkors ,and if im not rong Saeed anwar made his world record 194 there too

twctopcat

International Regular
Rosh said:
India 291
Pakistan batting under lights will not get even close to 275
Hmmm, you never know what is gonna happen with the likes of Zaheer Khan and Nehra (could get 6-24 or 0-70).Im not gonna even try and predict this chase.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Malik and Butt doing well at the moment. Might well go down to the wire.

Heh, and now Malik is out.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
So far they're looking pretty good, but just as I type this, Malik is out.

129/2 in the 25th.
This is going to be another in the series of India Pak thrillers.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Commenting at 146-2 off 27 overs chasing 293, I think Pakistan are big favourites with Harbhajan and Pathan having bowled 13 of their 20 overs, making up the rest of the overs from Nehra, Khan, Sehwag and maybe some other part-timer. Need a couple of wickets to fall before long for it to be a thriller.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Commenting at 146-2 off 27 overs chasing 293, I think Pakistan are big favourites with Harbhajan and Pathan having bowled 13 of their 20 overs, making up the rest of the overs from Nehra, Khan, Sehwag and maybe some other part-timer. Need a couple of wickets to fall before long for it to be a thriller.
I agree that Pakistan look in the box seat, but that's still 4 overs from Pathan and 3 from Harbhajan to come, and in the context of the match, Zaheer hasn't fared too badly up to this stage.

I'd like to see Razzaq put together something exciting towards the finish (assuming he gets to bat).