• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Vs Pakistan Whoz Favorite

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
I agree that Pakistan look in the box seat, but that's still 4 overs from Pathan and 3 from Harbhajan to come, and in the context of the match, Zaheer hasn't fared too badly up to this stage.

I'd like to see Razzaq put together something exciting towards the finish (assuming he gets to bat).
Don't forget Afridi. He performed today with the ball, so you never know. ;)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I can't believe how quiet this thread is. Pakistan need 14 off of 16 balls!!!

BTW, why is it that the Pakistani rookies shine against India and nobody else? I think we all know who I'm talking about.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nightprowler10 said:
I can't believe how quiet this thread is. Pakistan need 14 off of 16 balls!!!

BTW, why is it that the Pakistani rookies shine against India and nobody else? I think we all know who I'm talking about.
Well it was a formality really. India surely couldn't expect to win with the bowling attack they took into that game, Pathan and Turbanator were the only reliable performers - Z Khan and Nehra you can't expect 20 overs from those, and one of them is gonna get flogged. So you've basically got 30-40 overs of decent bowling in a 50 over game and the rest is left to make up from part-timers.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Well it was a formality really. India surely couldn't expect to win with the bowling attack they took into that game, Pathan and Turbanator were the only reliable performers - Z Khan and Nehra you can't expect 20 overs from those, and one of them is gonna get flogged. So you've basically got 30-40 overs of decent bowling in a 50 over game and the rest is left to make up from part-timers.
Ganguly again showed his lack of confidence in Kumble. Any day Kumble should be played in India before a third seamer like Nehra.

India do need to rethink their playing seven batsman strategy. This is neither a positive policy nor is it a policy that should come from a side which considers its top six batsmen among the best in the world.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
AND WE WIN THE FORTH TIME ASWELL :D :p

way togo salman butt
i wish a very very happy eid to all the pakistan fans
and yeah a happy diwali to indians (one team had to loose ) :cool:

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
SJS said:
Both teams should get over 300 runs,
the winning margin should not be more than 10 runs
with less than an over to go
and my Diwali will be made
irrespective of who wins !!

quite close pediction mate
hope u enjoy ur diwali now :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SJS said:
Ganguly again showed his lack of confidence in Kumble. Any day Kumble should be played in India before a third seamer like Nehra.
It was hardly paradise for spinners either.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hit4Six said:
so very true lol does ashish nehra remind anyone anyone else of a fish?
nows thats just weird...!

awesome to see pakistan take it out, salman butt is a gun OD player and showed it in this match. well done also to AFRIDI (you rock), Malik and Inzy. And well bowled by Sachin :p

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Very well played Pakistan - chasing 292 in Eden Gardens ain't no piece of cake. If Pakistan can imporve its bowling and shower in some more consistency in its batting, I don't see any reason why they can't give Oz one helluva time when they tour that country. for India, the problem is the same, lack of world class bowlers, Indian bats are prima donnas, living of the glories they achieved in January against Oz.

I know this is a meaningless ODI but nevertheless very well played Pak, you deserved to win, very well chased.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
I want my £15 back.

I was so sure India would win at the half way stage, i'm so gutted i hate watching them lose

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Dar said:
I want my £15 back.

I was so sure India would win at the half way stage, i'm so gutted i hate watching them lose
on big occasions its almost 75% that india gonna loose :p

Bouncer

State Regular
^^ well the stats say that in India, 75% of times India is going to lose to Pak.....Now its 11 games to Pak, 4 to India. 8-)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't be too harsh on him. It would have worked had he actually lost them the game rather than won it for them. =-x

deeps

International 12th Man
nice work by pakistan. i was up till3am watching it, and i had an exam at 9am the following day! i must admit, when i saw the total, i thought to myself "hmmm, if pakistan are to chase this, afridi or razzaq will have to really perform with the bat". as it turned out afridi didn't get a bat, and razzaq made one. amazing perfomance by salman butt, and inzamam who still doesn't get the congrats he deserves. That was a master innings from a master batsman. I was watching when he had 14 of 40 odd deliveries, and i was very frustrated. he was playing test cricket! and to fiinish with 75 off 75, a wonderful effort and he really turned it on when it mattered....tendulkar's over was the turning point. he found his form then..

afridi doesn't get the praise he deserved either, kept pakistan in the game with the only bowler that actually bowled well

well done shoaib malik as well

and younis khan, padded up and came out with a bat 3 times and scored a grand total of 3 runs...boy is he out of forM!:P

for india, yuvraj singh and laxman both played excellent cricket, and laxman shld have gone on with it.sehwag seemed to get frustrated and went to slog afridi out of the ground. dont think it was entirely necessary at that stage.

a wonderful game!