• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are Your Fav commentators?

odyssey

Cricket Spectator
Your fav cricket commentators? ...
Mine:
1. Mark Taylor
2. Harsha Boghle
3. Bill Lawry
4. Richie - Master
5. Jim Maxwell
6. Ian Chappell
7. Jeff Thompson
8. Geoff Boycott

Yours........................

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
1. richie (enough said)
2. healy (not because he is a good commentator, but because he is so ridiculously biased he's fun to listen to)
3. dean jones (because at least he's an expert on himself)
4. tony greig (because i enjoy laughing everytime he says that a ball cut off the wicket when it actually swung)

but really, all annoy me except for richie. commentators need to start telling us what we can't see for ourselves <----- this excludes most radio commentators, especially the delightful peter roebuck

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
- Anyone whose initials are not NSS
- Anyone who wasnt a swashbuckling opener for India and led them to a drawn series in Pakistan

Langeveldt

Soutie
1) Jonathon Agnew
2) Kerry O'Keefe
3) Graham Fowler

GAP THE SIZE OF THE UNIVERSE ITSELF

4) Geoffrey Boycott

ANOTHER MUTANT GAP

538,321) Mark Nicholas
538,322) Henry Blofeld

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
All the Channel 9 commentry team in Oz....because it reminds me of the 12th man so much, I laugh whenever I hear them speak! :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Richie Benaud and Boycott are right on top.

Most Indian commentators are less than ordinary. Arun Lal is an exception.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ahhh everyone has their pros and cons, but i cant stand dean jones and peter roebuck.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I love Richie, and loathe Dean Jones and Jeff Thompson. They're almost bad enough to make me want to go and do something else while they are on.

twctopcat

International Regular
Aggers and Richie. If i'm in the right mood then Mark Nicholas is amusing because of his unrelenting enthusiasm. Then again there is Blofeld, the Murray Wlaker of cricket.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Richie and Kerry for me.

Most hated commentator: James Brayshaw. Argh, can't stand that bloke. Amusing moment, He was saying Greg Blewett was holding the bat too closed in his hands and wasnt hitting them properly. Next ball Blewy belts one through cover for 4. Soon put an end to his theory. My memory is a bit shocking, but the scene went along those lines. Tony Greig let Brayshaw know about it well and truely :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Richie and Kerry for me.

Most hated commentator: James Brayshaw. Argh, can't stand that bloke. Amusing moment, He was saying Greg Blewett was holding the bat too closed in his hands and wasnt hitting them properly. Next ball Blewy belts one through cover for 4. Soon put an end to his theory. My memory is a bit shocking, but the scene went along those lines. Tony Greig let Brayshaw know about it well and truely :)
hes awesome on MMM (radio) though, and he batted pretty well in aussie.

Sudeep

International Captain
SJS said:
Most Indian commentators are less than ordinary. Arun Lal is an exception.
What about say..Harsha Bhogle or Sanjay Manjrekar?

My top three list...
- Richie Benaud
- Geoffrey Boycott
- Harsha Bhogle

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Billy Lawry, Harsha Bhogle, Tony Greig (I love how he pronounces the word 'room') and Richie Benaud of course.

Sussexshark

Cricket Spectator
I'll go with the first part.. You just cannot beat Richie - his silences say more than most commentators can cram into 100 words.

Won't comment on Indian commentators - don't know any. Maybe when I hit the Sky bullet.......

Peter

Langeveldt

Soutie
Peter said:
Maybe when I hit the Sky bullet.......
You will have to pay £12 to see the India tests...

Yes folks, thats £52 ($US90) a month, just to watch cricket from another country...