• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your International team rankings (1-7)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's probably also worth mentioning that Jayasuriya has outscored Matthew Hayden by a good 100 or so runs in that period of 17 Tests, as well as topping Ponting, Lara and Tendulkar (by more than 300 runs).

tooextracool

International Coach
and despite all that form, in his 3 series outside the subcontinent(and zim and WI), hes averaged 19 in the last 2 years, hes averaged 19,16 and 15......

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Is that how he's managed 4 centuries (including a double) in his last 17 Test innings among a total of 1090 runs @ 60.55? Not to mention 254 runs in 4 innings against the Aussies.
But where are the majority of his Tests has he played and on the type of wickets he has played on?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Craig said:
Vaas is inconsistent, I don't really rate Atapattu that highly because he is an all-or-nothing player, Sangakarra is a fine player, Jayasuriya is past it IMO, Jayawardene hasn't convinced me of his class outside of his own backyard.

Really sangakarra and Murali you can say that are world-class.

Anyway it doesn't matter how many world class players you have got, if your inconsistent and don't preform as a team, that doesn't mean much IMO.

Just look at the Dutch football team.

Atapattu is an all or nothing player alright. He is ALL against the weaker sides and NOTHING against the bigger sides. Nothing personal, but I have seen his stats too often and it irritates every time someone mentions him and the word "World Class" without using the word "NOT".

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
My current ODI rankings, based on this season's form alone, would be:

1. Australia
2. Pakistan
3. New Zealand
4. West Indies
5. England
6. Sri Lanka
7. India
8. South Africa

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
My current ODI rankings, based on this season's form alone, would be:

1. Australia
2. Pakistan
3. New Zealand
4. West Indies
5. England
6. Sri Lanka
7. India
8. South Africa
id agree with that, although id be tempted to put NZ ahead of pakistan given that they've really dominated every team bar australia in ODIs this year. pakistan did have problems in that series against india.

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
While I love my Aussie cricket team like very few things, I do not think any team deserves a rating of 90 out of 100. Based purely on the idea of one day seeing a side better than the Aussie team of the last 5 years, as long as it is Australian :D .

So

Australia 89/100
England 75/100
India 72/100
Pakistan 68/100
South Africa 68/100
Sri Lanka 68/100
New Zealand 67/100
West Indies 67/100
Zimbabwe <60/100
Bangladesh <60/100

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Craig said:
Anyway it doesn't matter how many world class players you have got, if your inconsistent and don't preform as a team, that doesn't mean much IMO.
sounds like another cricket team...