• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
burkey_1988 said:
QUESTION: I am looking for a special link between the players on this list - John Blackham, Sid Gregory, Charlie Kelleway, Don Bradman, Neil Harvey, Bob Simpson, Graeme Wood, Steve Waugh, and Ricky Ponting. What is it?

There are many similarities shared by these nine players, but what I am looking for is something specific and interesting

Q1: Is it related to Test cricket? Yes
Q2: Is it to do with Batting? No
Q3: is it to do with captaincy? No
Q4: is it to do with bowling? No
Q5: Is it to do with Keeping? No

CLUE #1: Ricky Ponting could be replaced by quite a few players who played for Australia in their most recent Test match at the SCG v Pakistan 2-5 Jan 2005

Q6: They've all won test matches against Pakistan? No
Q7: In fact, they've all won the Ashes? May be true, but not what I am looking for
Q8: Between them starting with Blackham and ending with Ponting at least one of them has played in every Test Australia has played. Because Australia play quite a settled team players like Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist could replace Ponting? No
Q9: One of them played in every test SERIES Australia has played ? May be true, but not what I am looking for
Q10: Their last test matches were New Year's Test matches? (2nd Jan ones) No

CLUE #2: Think about dates
Copynig onto new page...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
QUESTION: I am looking for a special link between the players on this list - John Blackham, Sid Gregory, Charlie Kelleway, Don Bradman, Neil Harvey, Bob Simpson, Graeme Wood, Steve Waugh, and Ricky Ponting. What is it?

There are many similarities shared by these nine players, but what I am looking for is something specific and interesting

CLUE #1: Ricky Ponting could be replaced by quite a few players who played for Australia in their most recent Test match at the SCG v Pakistan 2-5 Jan 2005

Q7: In fact, they've all won the Ashes? May be true, but not what I am looking for
Q8: Between them starting with Blackham and ending with Ponting at least one of them has played in every Test Australia has played. Because Australia play quite a settled team players like Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist could replace Ponting? No
Q9: One of them played in every test SERIES Australia has played ? May be true, but not what I am looking for

Q11:They all played their last matches in dead rubbers? No

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Blackham played in the debut test of Gregory,
who played in the sebut test of Kelleway,
who played in the debut tesy of Bradman,
who played in the debut test of Harvey,
who played in the debut test of Simpson,
who played in the debut test of Wood,
who played in the deut test of Steve Waugh,
who played in the debut test of Ponting
(and several others in the current Aussie team)

:)

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
Blackham played in the debut test of Gregory,
(and several others in the current Aussie team)

:)
Every single day...
You're a freak SJS :thumbsup:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q12: Blackham played in the debut test of Gregory,
(and several others in the current Aussie team)? No

Bookie

U19 12th Man
Their birthdats dont match, neither do their debuts, or last tests - in what other ways can we think about dates, and I'm not bothered to find out what day they got their highest score on.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

CLUE #3: Look at the dates of each player's first and last Test match

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

CLUE #3: Look at the dates of each player's first and last Test match

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
In a list they played their debut match in the same ground where the previous player played his last test

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year