• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What do Boycott & Trescothick have in common?

Okay they probably have a lot of things in common but I am looking for something very specific. e.g. Both opening for England is not the answer :)

Q1 Is it a batting statistic? No
Q2 Is it a test match performance? No
Q3 Is it related to ODI's? Yes
Q4 They both bowled right arm medium? No - This is true but not the commonality I am looking for
Q5 One opened the batting in Englands first ODI, and one in their last ODI? No - may be true, not sure without checking, but again not what I am looking for.
Q6 Is it a bowling stat? No
Q7 Did they take the most catches in an innings of a ODI for England (non-WK)? 3 catches No - Again this may well be true but not what I am looking for.
Q8 has it got to do with mode of dismissal? No
Q9 Is it a time-related statistic? No
Q10 Is it related to awards ? No
Q11 is it related to fielding in any way? No
Q12 is it an actual ocurrence or event, instead of a stat for example? No

Clues
Q10 No other English player shares this commonality.

Dan.

CricketGames.com

Okay they probably have a lot of things in common but I am looking for something very specific. e.g. Both opening for England is not the answer :)

Q4 They both bowled right arm medium? No - This is true but not the commonality I am looking for
Q5 One opened the batting in Englands first ODI, and one in their last ODI? No - may be true, not sure without checking, but again not what I am looking for.
Q7 Did they take the most catches in an innings of a ODI for England (non-WK)? 3 catches No - Again this may well be true but not what I am looking for.
Q13 is is it related to captaincy? Yes
Q14 Is it related to being twelfth man ? No

Clues

Dan.

CricketGames.com

Q15 is it related to captaincy debut? No

Clues
Q15 For WI DL Murray and MA Holding share this commonality

Dan.

CricketGames.com

Q15 is it related to captaincy debut? No
Q16 They've captained twice ? Yes

Clues
Q15 For WI DL Murray and MA Holding share this commonality

Dan.

CricketGames.com

Correct Answer they both have a 100% winning record when captaining England in ODI's.

Nearly got to 20 questions.

Dan.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
QUESTION: I am looking for a special link between the players on this list - John Blackham, Sid Gregory, Charlie Kelleway, Don Bradman, Neil Harvey, Bon Simpson, Graeme Wood, Steve Waugh, and Ricky Ponting. What is it?

There are many similarities shared by these nine players, but what I am looking for is something specific and interesting

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
QUESTION: I am looking for a special link between the players on this list - John Blackham, Sid Gregory, Charlie Kelleway, Don Bradman, Neil Harvey, Bon Simpson, Graeme Wood, Steve Waugh, and Ricky Ponting. What is it?

There are many similarities shared by these nine players, but what I am looking for is something specific and interesting

Q1: Is it related to Test cricket? Yes

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q1: Is it related to Test cricket? Yes
Q2: Is it to do with Batting? No