• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'll post my question and you lot can do your question if you complain enough :P

Q) How did "Zak" get a team 1000 runs in a year with out playing for that team?

bryce

International Regular
My dying wish was to be buried a cricket pitch away from my old team-mate.
The request was duly honoured, but some weeks later it was found that I had been buried 27 yards away from my team-mate, rather than 22 yards.
When the error was reported to the county secretary there was great consternation. Exhumation was even considered, until the secretary himself solved the problem by declaring, 'It's all right - he always took a five-yard run up'.

Who am I and who is the team-mate ?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
The Baconator said:
Is "Zak" extras in another language?
Q) How did "Zak" get a team 1000 runs in a year with out playing for that team?

Q1(Steds) There were two different "Zak's" with the same name? NO
Q2(The Baconator) Is "Zak" extras in another language? NOT APPLICABLE

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This is obviously a trick question and at this time of the night my brain is not keen to think too much.

To get 1000 runs. would Zak have been given it ? :unsure: 8-) :p (that sounds very silly !!) (I can't figure this one !)

All members of the forum are encouraged to have a crack at this trick question !!

There's obviously a catch in the wording of this question !! All attempts are welcome ! :p :p

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
This is obviously a trick question and at this time of the night my brain is not keen to think too much.

To get 1000 runs. would Zak have been given it ? :unsure: 8-) :p (that sounds very silly !!) (I can't figure this one !)
NO Zak was not given any runs

Steulen said:
He was an opposition team bowler who didn't do too well in matches against them that year?
NO

SJS said:
He was an opposing bowler who bowled a thousand wides and no balls against them ?
NO

Q3(Jason)To get 1000 runs. would Zak have been given it ? NO Zak was not given any runs
Q4(Steulen)He was an opposition team bowler who didn't do too well in matches against them that year?NO
Q5(SJS)He was an opposing bowler who bowled a thousand wides and no balls against them ? NO

As you lot aren't doing too well:

Hint 1

He didn't play against the team either.

It is an abstract question...think carefully.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
NO Zak was not given any runs

NO

NO

Q3(Jason)To get 1000 runs. would Zak have been given it ? NO Zak was not given any runs
Q4(Steulen)He was an opposition team bowler who didn't do too well in matches against them that year?NO
Q5(SJS)He was an opposing bowler who bowled a thousand wides and no balls against them ? NO

As you lot aren't doing too well:

Hint 1

He didn't play against the team either.

It is an abstract question...think carefully.
Is Zak a player ?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Is Zak a player ?
YES

Q6(SJS)Is Zak a player ? YES