• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The Baconator said:
17. is it scoring over 700 in an innings? yes

:thumbsup::thumbsup::clapping::clapping::thumbsup::thumbsup:

the things are the grounds, 3 times at kingston, 3 times at the oval and once each at, Lords, Colombo, The WACA, The SCG, St Johns and Bulawayo
I almost guessed this to be a likely answer . Hence I asked the question re-team score ,but obviously Link has picked it up as well !! Congrats !!

Getting to the current question -

Q 3 Is it a batting record ?

Q 4 Has it got to do with Runs scored in ODI career?

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
I almost guessed this to be a likely answer . Hence I asked the question re-team score ,but obviously Link has picked it up as well !! Congrats !!

Getting to the current question -

Q 3 Is it a batting record ?

Q 4 Has it got to do with Runs scored in ODI career?
Q 3 Is it a batting record ?...YES

Q 4 Has it got to do with Runs scored in ODI career?....NO

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
tadeusz said:
Is it Andrew Strauss scoring centuries on debut against three different countries?
Q5 Is it Andrew Strauss scoring centuries on debut against three different countries?.....NO

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Fastest triple Century ? Walter Hammond 288 min v NZ 1932-3 .

or longest duration before scoring first run - Godfrey Evans 97 min v Australia 1946-7 .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
An English cricketer with a unique world record ? Who am I and what's the record ?

Q1. Geoffrey Boycott ...first man to be dismissed in a One day international....NO
Q2 Geoffrey Boycott ...first man to take strike in a one day international ?...NO. Its not Boycott and its a career record
Q3 Is it a batting record ?...YES
Q4 Has it got to do with Runs scored in ODI career?....NO
Q5 Is it Andrew Strauss scoring centuries on debut against three different countries?.....NO
Q6 is it an international record ?.....YES
Q7 is it a post WWII cricketer?.....NO
Q8 Is it a test record ?....YES

Q9 oldest player to score a century ? Jack Hobbs 46 years 82 days ! 1928 Melbourne....NO
Q10. Fastest triple Century ? Walter Hammond 288 min v NZ 1932-3....NO
Q11 longest duration before scoring first run - Godfrey Evans 97 min v Australia 1946-7...NO
Q12 Is it connected with amount of runs scored?....YES

FIRST HINT : The record is of a dubious nature!!

SECOND HINT : I doubt if you will find the record listed anywhere. I just discovered it. It is PURE TRIVIA :p

PS : Sorry Guys I have been away due to being laid down with slip disc. Cant sit up for long :@

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it Archie MacLaren being dismissed from the first ball of a Test Match by a player making his debut (A.Coningham) ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it Fred Root (Full name Charles Frederick Root) who played 3 Ashes Tests but failed to get a bat in any of these Test matches ? :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Another pot shot while I am at it :D , is it W.J.Edrich playing 2 innings before lunch in a Test Match ? :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The most obvious answer though not mentioned yet because it seems too obvious and also because it is shared by another as well(John Wright -current Indian coach).

Is it E.H. (Patsy) Hendren - most runs scored off a ball 8 (including 4 overthrows) ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Is it Fred Root (Full name Charles Frederick Root) who played 3 Ashes Tests but failed to get a bat in any of these Test matches ? :)
YESSS !!
Well Done. :clap: :clap: :clap:
CF Root. The only player to play three tests without getting an opportunity to go in to bat.
Your turn Jason.