• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am of royal blood and I have an all time cricket record. Who am I and what's the record?

Q1. Is it a FC (incl Tests) batting record?..... YES

Q2. Did you play for Sussex?.....NO Please note correction

Q3. Is it the blood of the British Royal family that is flowing through your veins?....... NO
Q4. Is it a European royal family?....NO
Q5. If no to the above question, is it an Indian royal family?.... NO
Q6. Did I ever represent India in a test match?.....YES
Q7. Do I have a test match century to my credit?.... YES
Q8. Am I the Nawab of Pataudi, Sr?.... YES
Q9. Highest individual score in a University match?.....NO
Q10. Is it related to that very slow century he scored in the First Test of the Bodyline series?.....NO
Q11. most runs scored in innings without a boundary.... NO

Q12. tried cheating on google...... NO He may have but even then how is it related to FC cricket ? :ranting:

Kiddding.

Hint No. 1 : I would have said its impossible for that record to ever be broken but with the way cricket is going you can never be sure, can you ?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Is it a cumulative record rather than a single innings record?

If so, does any single team figure prominently in the record?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q13. Is it a cumulative record rather than a single innings record? .... NO. Its not a cumulative record

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q14. Does it have anything to do with how many runs were scored in a certain amount of time?.......NO

99*

International Debutant
Does it have anything to do with the difference between his FC average and his Test average?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
FINAL HINT : The record was set before the Bodyline series.
Okay, I will disclose the answer :)

When Pataudi was visiting India in the winter of 1931-32, he played in an India versus Rest of India match at Lahore. It was a 12 a side game but still a first class game. In the second innings of the India XI, Pataudi Sr batted at number ten and shortly after he came in at 127 for 8, the 10th wicket fell at 149 and 12th man Phiroze Palia came in to bat.

Palia (19 not out) and Pataudi (80) added 89 runs for the 11th wicket which is the record for the 11th wicket in a recognised first class match in the history of the game. Its not likely to be broken since 12-a-side games were completely banned afterwards. But with all thats happening today, one can never be sure :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hey. How did you guys keep this going while I was away :@

Okay here is a very easy one.

The years 1991, 1995, 2003 and 2006 are kind of special in Tendulkar's ODI career. How come ?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey. How did you guys keep this going while I was away :@

Okay here is a very easy one.

The years 1991, 1995, 2003 and 2006 are kind of special in Tendulkar's ODI career. How come ?
They are the only years in which he failed to score an ODI century.