• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
What do Paul Adams and Vic Marks have in common?

1. Does it relate to something they have done (or not done) after retiring from the game? No
2. Bowling related? Yes
3. Tests? Yes
4. Would they be proud of this? Yes (or at least they were at the time but Marks has since hinted at a bit of regret.)
5. Is Salim Malik involved? No
6. Does it relate to bowling economically rather than to taking wickets? No

Clue: It relates to the taking of a specific wicket (bear in mind that Marks only took 11) and also the common factor won't show up in any record books.

7. Does it relate to the manner of dismissal? Yes
8. Was it one of the less common modes of dismissal? No The mode isn't as important as the manner of the mode. (or something like that).
9. Given Marks regretted it (a bit) is it along the lines of short leg (or similar) taking a bodyblow and the rebound being caught elsewhere? No
10. Could what either (or both) did be called cheating, underhand or unethical in any way? Yes
11. Was Marks's victim a Pakistani? Yes
12. Was it a catch by another fielder (other than the bowler)? Yes
13. Wisden says Gatting caught Sikander at short leg off Marks in 82 when he didn't hit it - is that the Marks end of it? Yes(ish, in that it's relevant to the answer).
14. Is it the first wicket of his Test career ? Yes (Again relevant to the complete answer)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Atherton got a bad call off Adams on his debut where the ball came off his pad although I think Thorpe was his first victim - am I getting closer?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Atherton got a bad call off Adams on his debut where the ball came off his pad although I think Thorpe was his first victim - am I getting closer?

Very close and just screwed the entire question.:laugh:
This will teach me to steal a question without checking it's validity.:laugh:

The answer was supposed to be:
What do Paul Adams and Vic Marks have in common?
They both had their first wicket from dismissals which the umpire apologised for after the match.
Sorry guys.:clown:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
An England bowler holds an all time batting record. Who is the bowler and whats the record ?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Edit :
Made debut before 1970.

Edit: My original post was technically correct.

Jimmy Anderson holds the current batting record for the most duckless innings by an Englishman.
Obviously not the bowler or record your after though.

Last edited: