• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Many of us may not recognise the names of the two sides but a match they played had great historical importance ? Who are the sides and whats this match ?
Q1 are they both national teams ?.....NO
Q2 are they domestic teams from any of the current test playing nations ?...NO, not exactly
Q3 is it involved with club teams?.....NO
Q4 did the match involve any former/current test or odi player's ?.....NO
Q5 Was this match played before WW II ? .....Yes
Q6 was the match played in australia?.....YES
Q7 was the match played in east melbourne ?.....NO
Q8 was the match played in the 19th century ?.....YES
Q9 Was the historical importance anything to do with runs scored ?.....NO
Q10 was the historical importance to with a 'first' occurring ?....YES

HINT ONE : The initials of one of the sides name were V.D.L
HINT TWO : Look carefully at the answer to Q2 !

Q11 Has the match got first class status ?.....YES
Q12 has it got anything to do with womens cricket??.....NO

indie2

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
V.D.L must stand for Van Diemen's Land (i.e., Tasmania)

There were matches between Van Diemen's Land and Port Phillip (= Victoria) in the 1850s

Is it the first Australian inter-colonial matches?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
indie2 said:
V.D.L must stand for Van Diemen's Land (i.e., Tasmania)

There were matches between Van Diemen's Land and Port Phillip (= Victoria) in the 1850s

Is it the first Australian inter-colonial matches?
Okay I will give it to you.

It is the first officially recognised first class match in Australia between Van Diemen's Land (later Tasmania) and Port Phillip (later Victoria) played in Feb 1851.

Well Done. :clapping: :clapping:

Your turn to ask the next question.

indie2

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
OK, I'll try one.

I'm a cricket ground. Although I have hosted international matches, the event I'm best remembered for did not take place in one of them.

Where am I and what was the famous event?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
indie2 said:
OK, I'll try one.

I'm a cricket ground. Although I have hosted international matches, the event I'm best remembered for did not take place in one of them.

Where am I and what was the famous event?
Q1 Am I a test ground ?