• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Sadly I'm not any nearer. I will ponder and in the meantime hope that someone brainier than me nips in with the answer. Fertang, over to you

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who declared 148 behind in a two day match not realising that made the follow on 100 not 150 - he was invited back to bat again :laugh:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Who declared 148 behind in a two day match not realising that made the follow on 100 not 150 - he was invited back to bat again :laugh:
He also made a bizarre debut in the county game.

He was barely twenty when taken on Worcestershire staff in 1960. He took a wicket on his his third delivery and went on to take 4 for 63 as Kent were bowled out for 187. Gifford was chuffed at such an 'impressive' debut.

His bowling figures were put in proper perspective when Kent bowled Worcestershire out for 25 and 40 - just four more for 20 wickets than Norman had conceded for his four.

stumpski

International Captain
That was the right answer by the way. Fortunately for Gifford, there was only about half a day remaining and Worcestershire saved the match with some comfort.

stumpski

International Captain
I've got a germ of an idea but again, it would need a bit of research - might have to wait until tomorrow (well, later today). Of course it may have been set before, there must come a time when one of us newbies asks a previously-asked question, and only SJS will know.

Incidentally, I wonder what happened to JASON. Nearly 1500 posts on this thread but I don't recall seeing one in recent months.

stumpski

International Captain
OK I've got it (I think) - took less time than I thought. Answer at your leisure because I'm off to bed shortly.

Which bowling records are held respectively by Johnny Briggs, George Lohmann and Sarfraz Nawaz?

They may each hold several records but these three have a common theme. It's unlikely that any will be broken.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
OK I've got it (I think) - took less time than I thought. Answer at your leisure because I'm off to bed shortly.

Which bowling records are held respectively by Johnny Briggs, George Lohmann and Sarfraz Nawaz?

They may each hold several records but these three have a common theme. It's unlikely that any will be broken.
Are these first class records?
If yes, are these records for a cricket season ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is it the same record that the three share (maybe with one improving the previous) or completely different ones?

stumpski

International Captain
Are these first class records?
If yes, are these records for a cricket season ?
No ... they each relate to a performance in a single match.

Is it the same record that the three share (maybe with one improving the previous) or completely different ones?
No, different records - but linked by a common theme (I don't know how to put that any better).

Hey-ho, off to work now. See you in about 9 hours. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
You didnt say (not clearly) if these were just first class records (and not Test Records) ?