• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Have they all at some time held the record for the most wickets taken in a calendar year?
YESSS

They are all ex-record holders of the highest number of Test wickets in a Year (minimum qualification fifty wickets). The record is now held by Warne with 96 wickets. When that is broken he will join the club.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This may be a bit too easy but it is an interesting one so here goes:-

I played Test cricket but in my entire career only one List A game – my contribution to that List A game was minimal but in that game a record was set that will never be beaten as long as one day cricket is played – Who am I and what is the record?

stumpski

International Captain
The player was Doug Insole of Essex, who scored 0 in the JPL match against Somerset at Yeovil in July 1969. Somerset off-spinner Brian Langford returned figures of 8-8-0-0.

Am I warm? :)

stumpski

International Captain
I have a question in mind, but I need to check my facts - it will require me to thumb through a few Wisdens. Later tonight perhaps, depending on whether I can get on the laptop.

stumpski

International Captain
OK I've found it - here's the question.

A highly-regarded county captain was left red-faced in a match against Northamptonshire in the 1970s. Who was he and what was the cause of his embarrassment?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
OK I've found it - here's the question.

A highly-regarded county captain was left red-faced in a match against Northamptonshire in the 1970s. Who was he and what was the cause of his embarrassment?
Did his county's name end in "shire"?

stumpski

International Captain
Yes it's not Kent either, or 'Somersetshire' as it used to be known (see also 'Devonshire' which still has a Duke I believe).

Edit: No, neither of those.