• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
did he played more than 4 matches
Q 21 Did he play more than 4 matches ? Yes. (Even though this exceeds the question limit I will answer this.)

Any guesses ? :) :)

biased indian

International Coach
i will post it once more :)

Ian David Craig

that was fun i had the howstat page for australian test crickters and i was filteriing down with each of my questions :cool:

Profile:
Ian Craig was precocious in his every cricket deed, including retirement, which came at the age of 26. By that stage, nonetheless, he had become the youngest Australian to represent his state, to make a first-class double-century, to play for and finally to lead his country. Comparisons with Bradman, following his 213 for New South Wales against South Africa in January 1953, were Craig’s greatest burden, and his first tour of England later that year was wretchedly unsuccessful: he made only 429 runs in 27 innings. After university studies and national service, however, he made a better fist of English conditions in 1956, and was promoted to captain when Australia toured South Africa in 1957-58. While runs eluded him there, Craig was an effective and sympathetic leader in a young side restoring Australian credibility after a barren period. But he was kept out of the next home season by an inopportune bout of hepatitis, and found Test ranks closed to him thereafter. Craig left the game for commerce, and joined the Australian subsidiary of the pharmaceutical giant Boots, where he was to retire as managing director.

Last edited:

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Well done! I probably shouldnt have wasted so many questions with the decades but next time I will know better.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Ferd said:
Well done! I probably shouldnt have wasted so many questions with the decades but next time I will know better.
Ferd,not to worry. It was a slight toughie (since Ian Craig is not a household name) :D :D !!

The records as stated, Youngest Australian Test cricketer at 17 years 239 days, Youngest Australian Cricket Captain at 22 years 194 days. Youngest age of retirement 26 years.Youngest to play for NSW, Youngest double centurion in FC cricket (not sure if it still stands).

Later life Managing Director of Boots !!

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
Ferd said:
but i wasable to filter using the decade!!

i was checking the players who played in the 50's played less than 20 test and had no wickets and there was 5 of them

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
well on to the next question!

It it a batting record?

EDIT: Off to Dinner. be back in about an hour for more Trivia!

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
This thing has happend a total of 13 times in the history of this form of the game whats is it???

1. It it a batting record? NO

biased indian

International Coach
This thing has happend a total of 13 times in the history of this form of the game whats is it???

is it a team record? Yes
Does it pertain to ODI's ? NO

bryce

International Regular
Is it a Test team passing 500 in three consecutive innings ?

The four times it has occurred are:

Australia - 1947/48
India - 1992/93
Sri Lanka - 2001/02
England - 2002

biased indian

International Coach

2.is it a team record? Yes
3.Does it pertain to ODI's ? NO
4.Is it a test record ? Yes
5.Is it a Test team passing 500 in three consecutive innings ? NO

biased indian

International Coach

2.is it a team record? Yes
3.Does it pertain to ODI's ? NO
4.Is it a test record ? Yes
5.Is it a Test team passing 500 in three consecutive innings ? NO
6.is it anything to do with results of series/matches? NO

Last edited: