• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Did you invent this technique in the 20th century?

Would you bowl Sobers in an all-time World XI? (only joking)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket remembers its batsmen and bowlers for being artists, craftsmen, entertainers, buffoons. I ought to be remembered as an inventor and yet rarely am. Who am I ?

Q1 Did you develop a new technique or skill for playing the game? .... YES

Q2 A bowling skill / technique? ..... YES

Q3 ]Are you male? ..... YES

Q4 Is the skill specific to spin bowling? ..... NO

Q5 Are you alive? ..... NO

Q6 Are you (or were you) a Test match cricketer? ..... NO

Q7 .Did you invent this technique in the 20th century? ..... NO

Q8. does it relate to the angle of the arm delivering the ball - roundarm, overarm etc? ..... NO

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok - fathers and sons playing in the same team in club cricket is pretty common but much less so in the first class game - I am aware of one occasion when both teams in a first class match had a father and son combination - I wont say its unique as I cant be certain but I will be surprised if it isn't - what game and who are the four relevant participants?