• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sunil Gavaskar became the first Indian to reach 100 caps but I don't suppose that's the answer

Is it something to with what happened on the field of play itself?

stumpski

International Captain
I didn't know that about Gavaskar, so that's not the answer, no.

It depends what you mean by 'happened on the field of play' - but it has nothing to do with any individual's performance.

fredfertang

No it wasn't a very carefully worded question was it - but hey its first thing Saturday morning!

Whatever the answer is was it the first time it had happened in a test match?

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, I'm off to the tip soon - hence the early start - got to beat the Saturday queues.

Although it may have happened before, this was the first series in which it became standard practice, and it has been ever since.

stumpski

International Captain
No, and no. It was a bad day for bowlers you might say - certain bowlers in particular.

Perhaps should have applied earlier in the year when the West Indies were touring England.

stumpski

International Captain
OK, well I'm off out for the day soon, so I'd better give the answer (surprised no-one got it, though). It was the first Test in which wides and no-balls were debited to the bowler's analysis.

We need SJS on here I think, we always get good questions from him.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Two Australians and an Englishmen share this all time 'record'. Who are they and what's the 'record'?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Are the record holders umpires?.....NO

Did any of these individuals attain this record before 1940?......YES

fredfertang

I am intrigued by the use of 'record' - does this mean that the holders would not be inclined to mention the achievement on their cricketing CV?

FRAZ

International Captain
Did they set the record well apart from each other (like 10-12 years between the record) ?
I think I got this but my brain

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Did they all do it before 1940?......Yes

does this mean that the holders would not be inclined to mention the achievement on their cricketing CV? .... The answer, I am afraid is Yes and No :)

Did they set the record well apart from each other (like 10-12 years between the record) ?
......NO

Is it a batting record ?........NO