• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First a guess - this wasn't one of the reactions to Ranji "inventing" the leg glance was it?

On the assumption that is wrong is it anything to do with playing on the sabbath?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
First a guess - this wasn't one of the reactions to Ranji "inventing" the leg glance was it?

On the assumption that is wrong is it anything to do with playing on the sabbath?
I presume you are only offering the second as a query the answer is no.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
A group of clergymen protested against my 'style' of cricket. They even suggested that if I did not change my ways it would bring about the demise of the game itself ! Who am I and what was it about my cricket that so bothered the men of religion for them to threaten the game itself with divine retribution.

Q1. Are you mentioned in the Paul McCartney and Wings song Mull of Kintyre?....No

Q2. is it anything to do with playing on the sabbath?......No

Q3. Did all this occur sometime in the 19th century? ....... Yes

Q4. Was the protest related to bowling? ....... No

Early Hint : I am a legendary wicket keeper

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
A big clue that one!!!

Blackham for keeping without a long stop - the clergyman's rightful fielding spot
Thats right. I thought this was moving too slow and a big clue was needed. Should have been more mindful with people like you around :)

Well done. :thumbup:

Your turn.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My difficulty is that as a newcomer I dont know what the previous 670+ pages contain so apologies if this is a repeat.

Carrying on from where the last one left off what, apart from the blindingly obvious, does Blackham have in common with Archie MacLaren and Hedley Verity?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q1. Doe it have anything to do with cricket ?
Q2. If yes, does it have anything to do with what they did on the field of play ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
When I asked ...does it have anything to do with what they did on the field of play ?, I meant whether it has anything to do with batting, bowling, fielding (including keeping) or captaincy.

Now I am stumped :blink: