• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q 8 Does it relate to number of hat tricks taken by a player in a match?.......NO

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This player can claim to have one of the most outstanding performance in entire first class cricket history. Even today, when your hear of it, the mind boggles !!

Who is the player and whats the performance ?

Q 1 Is it a batting record ?........NO
Q 2 Does it relate to a performance/achievement in a game ?....YES
Q 3 is it an allrounder performance???.....NO
Q 4 Is it a bowling record ?.....YES
Q 5 Was it achieved in a Test Match ?.....NO
Q 6 was this performance in sub continent or Africa?......NO
Q 7 Was it ahieved in a FC Match in England ?......NO
Q 8 has it got any thing to do with runs conceded in a match???......NO
Q 9 Does it relate to number of hat tricks taken by a player in a match?.......NO
Q 10 has it got any thing to do with overs balled in a match???.....NO

HINT ONE : Its a record from the 19th century !!

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Was it the number of wickets taken for minimum runs ?

Was it G.Elliott 9 wickets for 2 runs Victoria v Tasmania

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
About that last wicket stand between Kippax and Hooker ....

....Hooker, close to exhaustion after the longest innings of his life, having resisted an extremely strong attack for 304 minutes without giving a chance was finally out for 62.

His abiding memory for years , though, was of a very annoyed Kippax coming down the wicket and reprimanding him, "You fool. You threw it away. You could have got your hundred !"

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Was it the number of wickets taken for minimum runs ?
YES !!

Gideon Elliott of Victoria took 9 wickets for 2 runs !! off 76 balls against Tasmania on 26th Feb 1858

Tasmania reached 33 thanks to 14 extras. No batsman reached five runs !!

Jason want to go on ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
YES !!

Gideon Elliott of Victoria took 9 wickets for 2 runs !! off 76 balls against Tasmania on 26th Feb 1858

Tasmania reached 33 thanks to 14 extras. No batsman reached five runs !!

Jason want to go on ?
No. I am retiring (not out) :laugh: :laugh: Will resume my innings tomorrow. Anyone else interested can come to the crease !! :laugh:

Good night BI, SJS !! Have fun !! :) :)

biased indian

International Coach
Q 8 has it got any thing to do with runs conceded in a match???......

my question was intended at asking that but the i changed it into this

jason have a go u can put u r 1000 post today itself

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
No. I am retiring (not out) :laugh: :laugh: Will resume my innings tomorrow. Anyone else interested can come to the crease !! :laugh:

Good night BI, SJS !! Have fun !! :) :)
You cant retire at 999 !!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats Jason ! You are 1000 not out as I write this. :clapping::clapping:

Your turn to post next.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Congrats Jason ! You are 1000 not out as I write this. :clapping::clapping:
biased indian said:
i have a thred on this in off topic, u may congrat him over there as well :cool: :cool:
Thanks SJS, BI !! (being on study leave has helped accelerate my post count remarkably, also free work PC and internet access :laugh: :laugh: ) !! :D :D
My target is to get to 1400 and then take it easy !! :D :D

Question

Holder of several records for his country !! Subsequently became even more successful !!Who is he ? What are the records ? What was the later life ?

Last edited: