• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

bagapath

International Captain
Did they do well at something they were not picked for during the series?
mmm.. dont know how to answer that.. let me try.. one of them was picked for other skills also and did well in one instance but again, as the question was framed, he drew a blank in his primary job...

hint: what he did achieve well was a very special performance that influenced the result of the match. that also turned out to be the result of the series..

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Was the special performance in batting ?

Were both players from the same team ?

Was the series held in the sub-continent ?

bagapath

International Captain
just an add on. the special performance was special in the context of the game. but the player is noted for that skill also and has done it a few other times as well. i guess this is a giveaway on the identity of the player.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Was the series held in India ?

Did one of the players get promoted to bat in a high position ? (1-6)

Did he score a century ?

bagapath

International Captain
Was the series held in India ?

Did one of the players get promoted to bat in a high position ? (1-6)

Did he score a century ?
yes
yes he batted at 5. he would have batted at 6 normally. but frequently traded places witht he designated no 5.
yes

bagapath

International Captain
we both failed to do our job even once in the entire series.. shameful.. who are we?
  1. Tests ? yes
  2. Bowlers ? yes
  3. 3 or less match series ? yes
  4. Pacers ? yes
  5. At home matches ? yes and no
  6. Happened after year 2000 ? no
  7. Did they do well at something they were not picked for during the series? one of them did well in one match but that was also expected of him
  8. Was the special performance in batting ? yes
  9. Were both players from the same team ? no
  10. Was the series held in the sub-continent ? yes
  11. Was the series held in India ? yes
  12. Did one of the players get promoted to bat in a high position ? (1-6) he traded places with designated no.5 from his usual no.6 position
  13. Did he score a century ? yes
new hint: one of the players missed one test match

bagapath

International Captain
14. Has the number 119 got any significance in this context ?
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

superb work tapioca. kapil dev scored 119 in the tied test between australia and india in the 1986-87 three test series played in india. his innings played a big hand in india avoiding the follow on.

but, kapil and mcdermot, the respective spearheads for both teams, went wicketless in the entire series. must be a very rare statistical occurance for two leading fast bowlers to fail completely. in fact,mcdermott got only one wicket even in the six match one day series that followed. (roger binny caught by boon IIRC, and i can still recall the relief on his face)

your turn...

archie mac

International Coach
Can I ask a quick one?

Who am I?

I hold a unique record that may never be beaten

It relates to batting

It is not a record to be pround of or otherwise

I am an Australian

archie mac

International Coach
is it glen mcgrath taking the maximum test matches to record his first 50+ score in tests?
No, we are way off

It has something to do with dismissed in a certain way

For example Neil Harvey for never dismissed stumped. It is along those lines:)