• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
cool.. but how do i see this stat in stasguru or stats spider?

i want to see if the west indian batsmen happen to be the three Ws and richards, greenidge and richardson.
The West Indians were

1. Greenidge (1179)
  2. Haynes (950)
  3. Gomes (864)

1. Richards (867)
  2. Logie (738)
  3. Richardson (704)

You can find these here

Just change the year and you will get the list for that year.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
OK. New question:

I am thinking of a record feat which was only surpassed after 73 years. What record, and who broke it?
I know SJS doesn't like crude random guesses, but what came immediately to my mind was Matthew Walker who broke the 73 year old record for the highest score by a Kent batsman at Canterbury. He made 275 beating Frank Woolley's record. Not the most likely of answers admittedly but I thought I'd slip it in anyway.:)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I know SJS doesn't like crude random guesses, but what came immediately to my mind was Matthew Walker who broke the 73 year old record for the highest score by a Kent batsman at Canterbury. He made 275 beating Frank Woolley's record. Not the most likely of answers admittedly but I thought I'd slip it in anyway.:)
Not quite the one I was thinking of. :happy:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is it a bowling record?

If not, is it a keeping record?

If yes, is it P Sen taking 5 stumpings in an innings (Feb 1952) to beat the 73 year old record of 4 in an innings by Blackham (July 1888)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I can think of one bowling record which was overtaken after 82 years !! But that doesn't qualify.:@

... and another bowling record that still stands after 114 years !!

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q8. Is it a number of wickets record ? (as in wickets in an innings/match/series/year/career etc) ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is it a strike rate (balls per wicket) related record ?

If not, is it an average related record ?

If not, is it an economy related record ?