• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Have any of the 3 achieved the feat more than once?
actually all do 2 for the price of 1 :) Can the feat be done more than once by the same player?

EDIT- My questions got me thinking. 2 hundreds in a Test match?

Last edited:

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Is this feat achieved in :

A Test match ?
A Test series ?

Is it got to do with accumulation of Test runs ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is there a surprise or less well known name or are the three names from among what you could loosely call the "likely suspects" ie Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Dravid, Azharuddin, Ganguly, Laxman, Vengsarkar etc?
Thats a dodgy definition. I suggest you ask a more specific question.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Have any of the 3 achieved the feat more than once?......No
Can the feat be done more than once by the same player?....Yes

My questions got me thinking. 2 hundreds in a Test match?......No

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is this feat achieved in :

A Test match ? .....No (Of course its to do with batting in a test match but not to do with runs scored in a particular test match)
A Test series ? ....No (as above)

Is it got to do with accumulation of Test runs ?....Yes

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Is the record based on time ?
Number of matches to achieve ?

How many of the 3 are in this list ? (Tendulkar, Dravid, Gavaskar)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is the record based on time ?......Yes
Number of matches to achieve ?.....No

How many of the 3 are in this list ? (Tendulkar, Dravid, Gavaskar) .... None on this particular list although they may have been on other similar lists :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Three Indians are the only sub-continental players to have achieved this feat? Who are these players and what's the feat ?

1. Bowling?.....No
  2. Batting?.....Yes
  3. Test Cricket?.....Yes
  4. Is the feat in any way connected to the scoring of centuries?.....No
  5. Would they be proud?.....Yes
  6. Is it to do with carrying the bat through an innings?.....No
  7. shastri, dravid and tendulkar - double centurians in australia?.....No
  8. Can anyone achieve the feat again?.....Yes (Though I suspect these three may not ever do it)
  9. Have any of the 3 achieved the feat more than once?......No
  10. Can the feat be done more than once by the same player?....Yes
  11. 2 hundreds in a Test match?......No
  12. A Test match ? .....No (Of course its to do with batting in a test match but not to do with runs scored in a particular test match)
  13. A Test series ? ....No (as above)
  14. Is it got to do with accumulation of Test runs ?....Yes
  15. Is the record based on time ?......Yes
  16. Number of matches to achieve ?.....No
  17. How many of the 3 are in this list ? (Tendulkar, Dravid, Gavaskar) .... None on this particular list although they may have been on other similar lists :)

Hint Number 1 : This is a list made from players around the world
Hint Number 2 : The list is made periodically. Hence a player can make a list more than once.

bagapath

International Captain
Can anyone achieve the feat again?.....Yes (Though I suspect these three may not ever do it)

does this mean the three have already retired from the game?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q18. does this mean the three have already retired from the game?.....Yes

End game BIG hint : Its a list on which these three occupy the top three spots !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q 19 Hundreds in a year?.....No

Last and final hint before the answer : It is a list from the fifties.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Vijay Hazare
Polly Umrigar
Vinoo Mankad

Most runs in 1952 - so presumably it's the only time three subcontinental players have topped the run-scoring lists in a calendar year.

(a slightly misleading list as India, in that year, played in 11 of 16 Test matches)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Vijay Hazare
Polly Umrigar
Vinoo Mankad

Most runs in 1952 - so presumably it's the only time three subcontinental players have topped the run-scoring lists in a calendar year.

(a slightly misleading list as India, in that year, played in 11 of 16 Test matches)
Absolutely correct.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes India played more cricket than any other nation that year.

Three Indians have topped the run getters for the year on six occasions in tests since then. Gavaskar (1971, 1978, 1979, 1983), Vengsarkar (1989) and Tendulkar (1999).

No Pakistani or Sri Lankan trio has ever occupied the top three spots in the same year.

It has , however, been done by West Indian batsmen twice, Australians five times and Englishmen 19 times !!

bagapath

International Captain
Absolutely correct.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes India played more cricket than any other nation that year.

Three Indians have topped the run getters for the year on six occasions in tests since then. Gavaskar (1971, 1978, 1979, 1983), Vengsarkar (1989) and Tendulkar (1999).

No Pakistani or Sri Lankan trio has ever occupied the top three spots in the same year.

It has , however, been done by West Indian batsmen twice, Australians five times and Englishmen 19 times !!
cool.. but how do i see this stat in stasguru or stats spider?

i want to see if the west indian batsmen happen to be the three Ws and richards, greenidge and richardson.